gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 27
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

Blog Entries

I really like that swampy water. Hope it comes off in the chemistry department!

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Epoxid is giving he base a real swamp feeling. Looking great Chris!
    Thanks Graishak!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    I really like that swampy water. Hope it comes off in the chemistry department!
    Thank you SaintToad!

It looks like the epoxy cured properly, it is rock hard, smooth and no tackiness. That's a win

Here are the final shots:

Stay safe and thanks for visiting

Nice work! I had to scroll back a page to check that wasn't an LED

Breath taking, extremely nice work gorb, the lighting effects and every thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    Haha! Now that's how I know I did something right
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Great job on that base!
    Thank you very much eki!

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    Breath taking, extremely nice work gorb, the lighting effects and every thing is awesome.
    Cheers Clouds, I'm super happy you like it!

I've put him up on my gallery
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/449126

Also he is over at putty & paint, so please give him a visit there and drop me a note.
    https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/26408

Thanks for stopping by and stay safe!

Voted and comment left for your wonderful dio!

Thanks, you saved me having to check...

I agree, outstanding job with the OSL, it looks real. That's a gorgeous little diorama.

Gorby this really is an exceptional job and I def would consider more of this type of projects your a very strong suit with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Voted and comment left for your wonderful dio!
    Thank you Graishak, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    Thanks, you saved me having to check...

I agree, outstanding job with the OSL, it looks real. That's a gorgeous little diorama.
    Thanks khavor, that means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Gorby this really is an exceptional job and I def would consider more of this type of projects your a very strong suit with those.
    Cheers BaM, thank you so much. I do enjoy these kinds of little story dioramas a lot. Let's see if I can continue to roll with it

And thanks to everyone who voted here and on p&p, I appreciate it very much.

Stay safe.

I've been playing with the idea of sprucing up my scratchbuilt Land Raider for a while, ever since I played around with
    an extra casting of the Space Marine gunner I did for the Fire Raptor, posing him as a gunner on top of the Landy.

I've already posted some pics of my WIP on instagram, but I'll repost them here along with my thoughts behind it.

First off, the gunner. I built a heavy bolter and reposed his arms, then stuck him on a piece of metal.
    The hatch on top of the Landy was removed, and a magnet glued undereath. This allows me to swivel the gunner easily.

Next up is the aquila on the front of the Landy. Like all the other sculpted parts on the Landy, this is very chunky.
    I didn't know the materials (polymer clays and epoxies) well enough at the time, and couldn't quite manage the fine detail that I wanted.
    I have learned a lot since then, figuring out the materials and techniques (and patience!), so I thought I'd do a more refined version.

But of course, once I started I couldn't stop: I sculpted a new relief banner for the side doors,
    and a holy book that will go on top of the Thunderfire Cannon housing.

The original purity seals & scrollwork was also too chunky, so I sculpted some new ones and painted them up.

I still plan on replacing the winged skulls on the backside with newly sculpted ones, and of course putting way more skulls on
    the hull. This is 40k after all, you can never have enough skulls.

Once this is all finished, I plan on sprucing up the paint job and weathering too. I like how the weathering came out on the Sabre Strike
    Tank, so I'll do something similiar here.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe!

Nice job on sculpting the various bits and bobs you are attaching to the Rhino! Gunner is looking really good as well!

Your modelling is mint! and that scratch built land raider makes me rethink my life choices

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Nice job on sculpting the various bits and bobs you are attaching to the Rhino! Gunner is looking really good as well!
    Thanks ekipage, much appreciated!

Your modelling is mint! and that scratch built land raider makes me rethink my life choices
    Cheers maxwin, glad you approve! But I have to admit, I mostly question my lifechoices when I'm in the middle of the build

Speaking of being in the middle of it, here are some photos of the additions I am making to the Land Raider:

First the main cannon: I removed the chunky blood raven and replaced it with a holy book of some sort (probably borrowed from a library somewhere):

Next I removed the previous chunky bloodraven + crown from the sidedoors, and posed it with the new sword + bloodraven + crown, which I think looks heaps better:

The winged skulls on the back also get replaced:

And here is the new aquila in situ. I'll replace the blobby skulls with some crisper ones too.

Here is a wip shot of the colorscheme for the side door stuff:

In that picture is also a cast from my other project, a hooded skull, which I think will look good on the front sides of the track housings.

In other news, here are some pics of my painted Ultranauts:
    These are the first 35mm sculpts I did in 2018. They remain my favourites

Ace Bolt:

Delta Jet:

Octon:

The level of details on your builds is real delight to see.

Again I stand amazed at the sculpt/scratch build work you deliver. Your the complet3 hobbyist.

Blog Entries

I want some scenery & eventual puppet theater with the ultranauts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    The level of details on your builds is real delight to see.
    Thank you very much Dexter!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Again I stand amazed at the sculpt/scratch build work you deliver. Your the complet3 hobbyist.
    Thank you kindly BaM, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    I want some scenery & eventual puppet theater with the ultranauts.
    Ha Growing up in South Africa in the early 80's we had a puppet show on TV named "Interster" (translated: Inter-Star) that riffed heavily off Thunderbirds.
    Very cool show, in terms of the puppets & spaceships used, but of course the whole plot was very much based on current affairs in South Africa at the time, and as such not very politically correct.
    I think a part of me channeled some Interster into the Ultranauts...

As usual, one or two simultenaous projects are not enough, I had to go and start a new one.
    I started working on a bunch of Spacehulk-ish floor tiles, of which I want to make a mold and cast some in plaster, in order to make some usable game pieces.

Very much inspired by the excellent Hirst Arts molds.
    However, I plan to make the molds out of silicon caulk, garage style
    This should mean I can make a similar mold to what is available from Hirst for about $15 instead of $30.

Stay safe!