gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

Really inspirational stuff here Gorb! I love the interior on that vehicle. Most gamers pass up painting that sort of thing in the interest of time but it really adds life and a sense of history to the piece. Keep the updates coming!

I reallylike the work on the little details, like the stripes on the hoses/cables. It really adds a lot to the build.

Damn Gorb you are tearing it up! Nice work on all of it. You have a very impressive mind for this sort of thing. Still can’t get over your scratch built tank thing. Keep it up man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    Most gamers pass up painting that sort of thing in the interest of time but it really adds life and a sense of history to the piece.
    Thanks Kuribo! I didn't want to pass up the opportunity here, the Raptor has a couple of hatches and things that just scream "open me up!".
    I'm really pushing my building skill here though, we'll see how she ends up

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I reallylike the work on the little details, like the stripes on the hoses/cables.
    Thanks KruleBear! I like those too, they do make the pipes pop.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanW0lf View Post
    Keep it up man!
    Cheers StephanW0lf! Much appreciated, comments like yours keep my motivation levels up

Holy Shit gorby!!!!!!!!!! Masterful workmanship .

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Holy Shit gorby!!!!!!!!!! Masterful workmanship .
    Thanks BaM, I always appreciate your support!

In this case, less than masterful however. I'm scr3wing up as much as getting I'm getting it right.
    Case in point: I effed up the alignment of the panels on the port side of the Fire Raptor, so some surgery was required.
    However, the ball turret + socket is on the mend, and the gunner seems happier now.

The full build log details are up at papermodellers for anybody even remotely interested in how much I mess up
    http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...-2-a-5.html#44
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is so cool! Can't believe how great the scratch-built marines look! (We'll have to make sure that GW doesn't find out!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    That is so cool! Can't believe how great the scratch-built marines look! (We'll have to make sure that GW doesn't find out!!!)
    Thank you kindly Dr. Bob!

I don't think I have to worry about GW. Unless I start making 100s of space marine copies and selling them. Mmmmm....

Default Thompson & Thomson

Started laying down some color on the ballturret gunners.
    Also wip on the ballturrets and their cannons.

The ballturrets have two degrees of freedom of rotation, so the side disks (with the cannons) can pitch up and down,
    and the center section can yaw left and right. The gunner (once installed) will be visible by lifting off the hatch + viewport,
    it is magnetically attached.

Finished painting the gunners.

Also did some more construction on the Fire Raptor:

She now has a new cockpit canopy (one of the twins played with the old one) + the avenger cannons are coming along,

the engine bodies are constructed,

and she has some (wonky) landing gear.

I still have to come up with a way to better stablize the landing gear, but I have some plans.

The fact that this is fabricated out of paper/cardboard, just blows my mind. You are certainly skilled, my man. Keep it coming! It's looking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    The fact that this is fabricated out of paper/cardboard, just blows my mind. You are certainly skilled, my man. Keep it coming! It's looking awesome.
    Cheers DaBeebs!

Default WIP photos + update

An wip update on my fire raptor scratchbuild: the majority of the infrastructure is there, minus the engine exhausts and the main cannons.

The engine exhausts are under construction in the greeblie phase.

There are a number of working hinges and removable panels on the build:
    - the wingtip VTOLS can swivel,
    - the rear ramp can open,
    - the landing gear are removable,
    - the wing ailerons can move,
    - the ball turrets can rotate with 2 DOF,
    - the ball turret hatches can open to display the gunners,
    - the top hatch can open,
    - the cockpit canopy can swivel open,
    and lastly
    - the top of the fuselage is entirely removable to display the interior of the model.

I still need to add a fair bit more detail to her, but then it is painting time.
    As usual, if you are interested there are more photos over at the build log on papermodelers
    http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...rsion-2-a.html

This shit still amazes the life out of me!!! Engineering skills . Just unfathomable talent and brain power!!!

You really got talent Gorb. Creating such a construct with own build pieces is just incredible.

Really great to see updates on this project! As others have said, this project is really ambitious and impressive. I'm excited to see more progress!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    This shit still amazes the life out of me!!! Engineering skills . Just unfathomable talent and brain power!!!
    I couldn’t have said it better. Really cool work.

Cheers guys!
    BaM, LoneLemming, Graishak, Kuribo & KruleBear: getting feedback like this is most welcome and appreciated!

This is brilliant gorb, right up my street. I've done a fair bit of architectural style card modelling for work in my time (back in the pre-3d software days). Just checked out your thread on the other site....fascinating stuff!

Definitely keep us up to speed on this one!

How did I manage to miss all of this....