gorb's paint & putty pony show - Page 37
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: gorb's paint & putty pony show

Your testsuo ork have a feeling of dark batman too with just the back primer on it.
    I'm looking forward to see how it'll goes with the colors. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    This orc looks great!
    FYI: The Akira movie arrived yesterday. Going to watch it soon ;-)
    Thanks Graishak, hope you like the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuentes View Post
    Waaaagh this ork looks amazing! I love making little dioramas but I've never tried my hand at a background like it seems like you've got going here.
    Thank you Fuentes! The background is just some XPS foam, covered sheets of chipboard, all glued with PVA and then covered in thinned down PVA and some black paint.
    Once you play with it a bit you'll see it is pretty easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Your testsuo ork have a feeling of dark batman too with just the back primer on it.
    I'm looking forward to see how it'll goes with the colors. Great job.
    Haha! Thanks Dexter. For a moment there I was going to give him a black outfit with a mask, but then I caught myself. Next project?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallfa View Post
    Damn! This tetsuo ork is perfect!
    Thank you Kallfa, I appreciate it!

I started slapping on some base colors on the ork. I want the cape to be fairly saturated, so at this point the green ork skin is clashing a bit too much. I'll
    have to desaturte it or make it darker, haven't decided which yet.

Blog Entries

You’re bonkers, man. Great idea, and I’m sure it’ll look incredible by the time you’re all done.

Blog Entries

Saint is right, bonkers! Brilliant stuff. How tempting is it to paint an "S" on that cape? lol

I recently watched the movie and need to say it is the most violent anime I've ever seen, but cool stuff, even if the projection of the last year (2019) is a bit dark.
    Now I understand your references and I even like your "orcish" interpretations of the movie's characters more than before!

Blog Entries

I recently watched the movie and need to say it is the most violent anime I've ever seen, but cool stuff, even if the projection of the last year (2019) is a bit dark.
    Now I understand your references and I even like your "orcish" interpretations of the movie's characters more than before!

It's a classic to be sure. I highly recommend Attack on Titan, but be warned as beautiful as it is animated and as well at it is told it's a hard watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    You’re bonkers, man. Great idea, and I’m sure it’ll look incredible by the time you’re all done.
    Thanks StToad, he came out ok I think! There is a lot more that can be done with the idea, but for a quick side project I am happy. Was a lot of fun to do, to figure out how to put it together.
    Sculpting the cloak was an interesting experience all by itself. Learned quite a bit from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini7673 View Post
    Saint is right, bonkers! Brilliant stuff. How tempting is it to paint an "S" on that cape? lol
    Haha! Ooh yes, BatOrk, or SuperOrk, take your pick

Yeah, it is certainly not a children's cartoon. In the same way Watchmen legitimised comic books into "adult" graphic novels, Akira made anime into proper adult movies.
    I am glad you like it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini7673 View Post
    It's a classic to be sure. I highly recommend Attack on Titan, but be warned as beautiful as it is animated and as well at it is told it's a hard watch.
    Haven't seen that yet, thanks for the tip!

Here is the final Testuork, ready to rumble.

Tetsuuooooo...ooork!!!!
    Wouah... This is so awesome ! The idea... The pose... The atmosphere... That dynamic ! I love it!!!

I second Gimini, Attack on Titan is great. Did you see Berskek movies ? They're the best dark fantasy motion picture imo, and the manga is a masterpiece (@Graishark,be ready for that )

Plz bring that piece to your gallery :-) It turned out great and is providing exactly the atmosphere as in the final minutes of the movie!

Gorb this is fantastic. Excellent storytelling. Well achieved.

That cobbled together/scratch built ork is rockin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallfa View Post
    Tetsuuooooo...ooork!!!!
    Wouah... This is so awesome ! The idea... The pose... The atmosphere... That dynamic ! I love it!!!

I second Gimini, Attack on Titan is great. Did you see Berskek movies ? They're the best dark fantasy motion picture imo, and the manga is a masterpiece (@Graishark,be ready for that )
    Thank you very much Kallfa!
    The idea for the scene is not mine, I saw this piece by Guillem H. Pongiluppi on ArtStation originally, and when the idea for an ork version of Tetsuo came up, I immediately thought it would be cool to have this image with an ork in it.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vbkrE

Plz bring that piece to your gallery :-) It turned out great and is providing exactly the atmosphere as in the final minutes of the movie!
    Thank you Graishak, I will! I'm glad you like the movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Gorb this is fantastic. Excellent storytelling. Well achieved.
    Thank you very much John, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    That cobbled together/scratch built ork is rockin!
    Thanks ekipage, much appreciated!

I spent some time on the Land Raider rework, adding a bit of weathering to the piece. Next up will be some oil staining/streaking & heat staining of the weapon barrels,
    then some dusty mud on the tracks, and finally the redo of the OSL on the headlamps.
    Right now I gave the whole thing a coat of gloss varnish, so it is veeeery shiny

I never stop to be amazed by your kitbashing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    I never stop to be amazed by your kitbashing skills.
    Thank you Dexter, I appreciate your kind words my man.
    Yeah, I guess you can call it kitbashing in this case The gunner is a cast from the mold I made for the gunners & pilot on the Fire Raptor, and the hooded skulls are casts from the scultps I made for the dreadnought dio.
    So lots of kitbashing & repurposing going on here.

@Graishak: I've put Tetsuork up in my gallery, you can find him here:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/453273

Cheers!

Voted + Comment left

Thanks Graishak, much appreciated!

I'm calling the Land Raider rework project done. It has been fun, revisiting my first papercraft tank and adding some refinement to it.
    In addition to the physical elements, I've added a lot of the weathering techniques I've picked up so far, so lots of chipping and oil streaking/staining, plus the barrel heat staining and the mud.
    And the OSL on the headlights looks much better than before, even if it isn't perfect yet.

I will leave it here though, time to move on, and hopefully in a couple of years I'll be able to look back and see how much I've improved

Here are a metric bucketload of photos...

Some one is on a roll... i am impressed at the ease you seems to devour projects, i am jealous! You inspire me to do something with my necron, putting a backdrop!!

Land raider looks great there Gorb! Very effective touch-up to the piece!

Wait... what?? You just finished the tetsuork and a f****** landraider spawn a few days after . You inspire respect Gorb !