Dark Age - Alive, Dead, Limbo, etc.?

Thread: Dark Age - Alive, Dead, Limbo, etc.?

Default Dark Age - Alive, Dead, Limbo, etc.?

Hello!

Can we please get an 'official' answer as to what exactly is going on with Dark Age.

No new releases for almost 1/2 a year.

The Brood Book and resculpts pushed back from Gencon release to...unknown.

A massive blowout of a Black Friday sale that as, for the most part, completely wiped out the CMON Shop's inventory of just about everything.

And...

...radio silence from CMON in regards to the future of the game.

Dark Age is BY FAR my favorite game system, with (arguably) some of the most amazing looking miniatures available today.

IF properly supported, it should be an absolute winner for CMON.

PLEASE update us with a proper STATE OF THE DARK AGE address, ASAP!

Please?
    Nil nos tremefacit.

Per some Facebook discussion, apparently there's an update on Dark Age coming Soon(TM). Who knows if it'll be good or bad though...

Quote Originally Posted by hagioscoppe View Post
    Per some Facebook discussion, apparently there's an update on Dark Age coming Soon(TM). Who knows if it'll be good or bad though...
    Yes, I saw that.

I was hoping for something more "Official" and "Concrete" vs. the bog-standard "Soon™" that could mean anytime between now and the heat death of the universe...
    Nil nos tremefacit.

Ive been trying to buy new Brood for what feels like 6 months. Its sitting in my wish-list so I can buy them when it gets back in stock....

I'm waiting too for any answer... Any "guys relax, we will restock our store and be back in June" at least will be fine

At this point it almost feels like we will have to wait until the expo before hearing anything...if at all

Quote Originally Posted by irish1983 View Post
    Ive been trying to buy new Brood for what feels like 6 months. Its sitting in my wish-list so I can buy them when it gets back in stock....
    I ended up just finding them on eBay. It's a shame, since I'd be happy to just buy stuff from CMON directly, but I can't. On the plus side, I did managed to get enough for a few different factions, so I can just play the game when I want...

Anyone else hearing anything new about this yet? I figure it's been a pretty long time. I was getting pretty close to buying into Dark Age - my local game store still has some stock, and the Prevailer Council looks pretty boss - but I'm not that excited about jumping into a dead game. Anyone know what's going on?

For the time being at least, it looks like Dark Age is only being supported by the community. Luckily, the community's still pretty active, and people are running tournaments and such. However, if you're hoping for CMON to do something with Dark Age in the near future, I'd hold off for now.

One of the announcements from GAMA Trade Show was Asmodee was taking over all retail distribution and POST Kickstarter customer service for Cool Mini. Cool Mini also had a nice revenue boost at the end of 2018 from some of their succesful Kickstarters. Sounds like CMON is throwing their hat into the Kickstarter only model. Unless Cool Mini starts doing smaller Dark Age Kickstarters or another company buys the IP I'm worried that may be it for the game. Even if it is, it had what(?) a good 14 year run.

CMON does a fair amount of non-Kickstarter stuff, but it's usually the minis-heavy games that they put up on KS. I feel like the real issue with Dark Age is that it's not a "one-and-done" kind of project like a board game. Sure, they're doing ASoIaF, but to be honest I'm not sure how long they'll keep that up.

That's maybe an issue... but DA was more or less done(ish) anyway. It was almost perfect.
    But the for me the more interesting questions is: Is it a way to behave if you take out a good product without any announcement?
    CMON, please, don't do that with a great game like Dark Age. If it wasn't financially successful everyone will understand that; we are grown-ups. We all know that you have to eat like everyone else. But don't treat a game this way and hope that noone will take notice.

Please tell us something! If you don't know what to do with DA yet, tell us! If you decided to take it off your catalogue please tell us! If you work on a different approach or plan a rebranding, god please tell us!
    We just want to know what happened to our favourite game!
    I think it's a bit unprofessional to let us down this way. If you hoped for a bigger success it's okay, cancel it. We'll have to live with that. But all that is left for us are questionmarks?????
    Please, act more professional on that.
    Just a brief reaction that you didn't forget us... that is all we want.
    Last edited by Lord Royal; 05-02-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Basically done?

Er...not really!

I know I really wanted the new BROOD book and all of what were sure to be some fantastic new BROOD models.

Then there's the EARTH CASTE for DRAGYRI and...whatever would have come next!

I'll agree with you that the game itself (rules, balance, etc.) was pretty good, but there was a lot of life left in this game.

A lot...

All gone now though, like tears in rain, apparently!
    Nil nos tremefacit.

Quote Originally Posted by KP13 View Post
    I'll agree with you that the game itself (rules, balance, etc.) was pretty good, but there was a lot of life left in this game.

A lot...

All gone now though, like tears in rain, apparently!
    Is it ridiculously naïve to say that it's not *really* gone until people stop playing it? I have models here which are on my build-and-paint list, and I hope to find opponents. True, it's hard to find models, but we can always scratch-build and use proxies. And best of all, The Rules Are Always Free. Says so right on the label.