Post your Free Folk Army Lists! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your Free Folk Army Lists!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Badger View Post
    Thx for the reply. Im kinda New to the game so just yester i learned how powerfull 8 units on the table can be.
    Maybe i just was extremly Lucky but I maneged to buff up som raiders and they became deadly AF.
    Im considering this list
    BONE RAIDERS

Faction: Free Folk
    Commander: Rattleshirt - The Lord Of Bones

Combat Units:
    • Free Folk Trapper (4)
    with Rattleshirt - The Lord Of Bones (0)
    • Free Folk Trapper (4)
    with The Weeper - Cruel Tyrant (2)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)
    with Champion Of Bone (1)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)
    • Free Folk Raiders (3)

Non-Combat Units:
    • Styr - Iron-Fisted Tyrant (3)
    • Craster - Ally of Convenience (3)

Made with ASOIAFBuilder.com

I know that you say that it Has to punch Hard but I think that with the traps and a decent charge it mighg work.
    Or am i just Lucky and build an idea off on a Lie?
    I'm no hardened veteran like Autumn Leaves or others, but I think all the Champions of Bone would be better off as Chosen of Styr.
    The number of wounds you will restore don't justify the price, especially in Raider units.
    Swarming with Chosen of Styr like that you have a good chance of keeping every enemy unit weakened at all times.
    Weakening an enemy will likely save you more than the two wounds you get back from the occasional failed morale test.
    Glad to hear of your success not bending the knee!

Hey Badger,

My only problem with the list is that even under 1.5 rules, Raiders are too fragile to be assigned healing attachments. Even if you survive a charge and manage to get a Panic Test heal with a Follower of Bone, chances are you are still in danger of losing the unit from a second attack (and inevitably failed Panic Test). You could put a mix of Styr's Chosen (to put out Weakened tokens) and Dweller Alphas (to put Panic on charge targets) on Raiders. Or if you really wanted to keep the Followers of Bone you can put them on Thenns, as they are sturdy enough to make use of repeated heals.

Also, after playing multiple times different ways, there is no reason for Free Folk to not take 3 NCUs anymore. It gives you an activation to stall with, even if the board is full, and it forces your opponent to deal with the NCU board early in the turn. This can really mess with armies that require the Swords and/or Horse to make up for fewer combat unit activations.

Thank you Guys so much for the response. I have by now concluded the list USELESS. But im still set on making rattleshirt work as a commander!
    The New giants gave me New Hope.
    And Gallahad.. The free folk will never bend the knee and neither will I!

With the new changes a giant should reliably delete a rank every time he attacks.

Relatively new to the game, however recently entered first tournament and did ok with following list:

commander: styr

combat units:
    * free folk raiders (3)
    *free folk raiders (3)
    * free folk raiders (3)
    *free folk raiders (3)
    * followers of bone (6) with styr and skin changer (1)
    *thenn warriors (6) with skin changer (1)
    * savage giant (7)

ncus
    * Mance (4)
    *craster (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1985 View Post
    Relatively new to the game, however recently entered first tournament and did ok with following list:

commander: styr

combat units:
    * free folk raiders (3)
    *free folk raiders (3)
    * free folk raiders (3)
    *free folk raiders (3)
    * followers of bone (6) with styr and skin changer (1)
    *thenn warriors (6) with skin changer (1)
    * savage giant (7)

ncus
    * Mance (4)
    *craster (3)
    Looks like a solid list. What worked and didn't work so well? What did you pick for the skinchangers?

My strategy was to use bears to maximise stuff on the board! Seemed to work well and added bite! Not 100% on thenns yet but did do a job in one game defending objectives!
    not tried bonelords Chosen yet so appreciate any views on a list with these

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahad View Post
    Looks like a solid list. What worked and didn't work so well? What did you pick for the skinchangers?