The Best Brushes for Painting Miniatures

Thread: The Best Brushes for Painting Miniatures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The Best Brushes for Painting Miniatures

Hey everyone, I wrote this after collating over 1000 votes on brushes and I was wondering what everyone here's thoughts are?

https://fauxhammer.com/top-10/top-10...niatures-2019/

Interesting list.

I'd personally switch the Raphaell and Rosemary as I find Raph better in quality.
    And I'd pretty much drop GW and AP. Even though they are thought for minis their quality.... doesn't live up to their price/fame.

My personal top 5 would be:

5. absolutely noname cheap brushes (15 for 1euro) for groudwork and drybrushes
    4. Rosemary
    1-3. Raphaell , WnN7 , Brushes made by a local brushmaker (This last one was a nice find. Pricewise they are half of WnN, qualitywise same as WnN, handlingwise between Raph and WnN (bit softer than WnN, but more springy than Raph))
    Forgot, that it works again.

Hello.
    I've always used DaVinci because they're available in my area. Very good quality.

for detailed work i always use my Raphael 0/3 brush, good point and it has decent capacity given the small size of the brush itself

Used w&n series 7 for ten years then started to get disappointed with their hit and miss quality. Then by chance found the world of dental brushes. Very hard to get, expensive but supreme quality. All I use now.

The stain brush is equal to size 0 then the next size jumps to size 2 but with a truly needle point.
    Sadly no size 1 produced as of yet.
    ive used them now for 4 months, still razor sharp. I use just warm soapy water to clean .

Name:  0DFE0448-132D-4F24-A575-C128125D68D0.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  6.7 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

First post. I use W&N. I find their brushes do what I need them to do and are good quality for the price.