Feedback on the new(est) scenario-thoughts after 2 games

Thread: Feedback on the new(est) scenario-thoughts after 2 games

Question Feedback on the new(est) scenario-thoughts after 2 games

So last night we tried "A dance with Dragons". (in a 50 pt game)

He had:
    Roose bolton (cmdr) + Cersei
    Flayed men + added mounted behemoth
    2x guards, 2x mountain men and cutthroats (all with guard captain)

I tried:
    Tully Swornshields+Robb (cmdr)
    Greataxes+Brynden
    Berserkers+swornsword captain
    Outriders
    Archers
    Swornswords
    Littlefinger & Catelyn

Both games the manoeuver shenanigans of the Starks proved decisive.
    My opponent felt last night it was unwinnable for Lannisters.
    (I disagree even if I feel Stark has an advantage because of their movement tricks)
    But both of us might be very biased.
    Note I play Lannisters too. So my bias (if...) is no faction bias.

My question is; whom of you tried this scenario and how id you like it/what is your opinion of it?

No post is ever worth it without a picture so...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've played three games of it now, 1v1 at 30 and 40 pts, and a 3 player 30 pts. I actually think Lannisters have it pretty good on the scenario, since a failed panic test makes the objective get dropped (screw you cersei).

I've done well on it with Night's Watch, mostly because I healed my dudes over and over.

My one friend played a game with the mountain as a commander, and it screwed him up not being able to charge and stuff while holding an objective.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good one for 1v1, and I don't think a certain faction has a clear advantage on it. The 3 player game was wonky since all 3 objectives are in a line.

Mobility / Maneuverability is key in this scenario.
    Then Panic Tests with negative modifiers are important.
    And for that reason, Good Morale stat is extremely good in this scenario.

Both right and left side tokens are extremely powerful in this scenario. The NCU token being situational depending on enemy NCU selections (but quite often there are targets for it).
    Center piece effect is situational (you need to have exactly right Unit picking it up if you plan to take use of it other than getting the VP).

I see no Faction issues with the scenario, but I would feel slightly handicapped as Lannister if I would have to play with just the Stark & Lannister Starter box content without anything else. Even as the mobility is reduced to speed 2 when picking up the token, it is still possible to retreat and guard the collected tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yusnaan View Post

My one friend played a game with the mountain as a commander, and it screwed him up not being able to charge and stuff while holding an objective.
    Nothing says you can't charge, only that your speed becomes 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Nothing says you can't charge, only that your speed becomes 2.
    To be fair; having a mere speed of 2 certainly hampers your ability to charge.

Even though I said in my earlier comment, that I see no Faction bias on the scenario, I do feel that Stark with Robb is extremely good for this scenario.
    All that extra maneuverability is golden.

The Stark Tactics card Devastating Impact ensures you rolled 6 for Charge distance (if you control Maneuver Zone), makes it quite easy to Charge even when holding the objective. 2 + 6 Charge is plenty (plus another 2 on top if you have free maneuver before declaring a Charge, e.g. from the Unit being Cavalry).

Robb Tactics card Hit and Run ensures you rolled 6 for Retreat distance (for free retreat after an attack). 2 + 6 Retreat is plenty (plus theoretical extra inches from alinging before the attack, 50% to the side you want to retreat to, if you are engaged only to one unit).

But sure, for Lannister, it hurts more. Even with free maneuver before action for Lannister Cavalry, it is "just" 2 + 2 + d6 = 5<->10, compared to normal 5 + 5 + d6 = 11<->16.