Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP

She does look prettier than a troll would, I guess? Having never met one it is hard to tell
    Maybe more an elf than a troll...
    How about breaking your run of squat figures and doing some taller thinner ones? Just an idea.

That's what I want to do. A tall, sluggish troll-women. Maybe I can manage to make one that looks more like a troll. She will not be that pretty, of course, but it would be interesting to sculpt. Or a skinny female necromancer, perhaps.

Well, considering most Trolls look pretty ugly, this will either be the "Hottest" troll created or people will just call it a elvish amazonian

Seriously though even though the drawing isn't very "trollish" it is still a really good drawing, maybe scale its size down and call it an elven necromancer or something

Well, she started as a troll. The only thing she has in common with a troll is the long arms. I just couldn't manage to give her a trollish face that I was satisfied with. And her legs should be shorter. Maybe I start from scratch, trying to give her a more troll-like appearance.

Another try. This time not so tiny. Still the face looks too cute. I think I should stop trying to make a troll that is not too ugly.
    Name:  IMG_20191123_174634.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  1.58 MB

I say keep the original sketch for a latter figure if you want to and maybe redo the troll one. Or you could take your last drawing and maybe use the last one and make her face/head a little wider and maybe exaggerate the facial features some more, such as longer nose that hooks down and a little fuller in the cheeks

Love these sketches of yours! I share your frustration with not getting the look that you have in your mind though. It happens to me more than not, and it is frustrating! The only thing I can say is the same thing I tell my seven-yr-old: keep trying

Another tiny sketch. ( I make these on post-its) This time I am more happy with the look. This could actually become a nice sculpt.Name:  PE_20191127_083901.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  5.9 KB

Che Bella matey!!!’

I think you are on the right track; she looks mean and angry in that posture.

Great rendering there, suggestion, maybe have the back hunched a little so she has a front leaning arch to her back, or maybe just her shoulders rolled forward a little

Thank you for the Input. Here is a sketch of what her face might look like in detail. Not too ugly, but not too cute. What do you think? Is this what a female troll might look like?
    Name:  PE_20191129_111447.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  7.3 KB

Thank you for the Input. Here is a sketch of what her face might look like in detail. Not too ugly, but not too cute. What do you think? Is this what a female troll might look like?
    Name:  PE_20191129_111447.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  7.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think your more detailed drawing of the head looks amazing. I did a search for female troll and honestly at a quick glance most seemed to be more on the "sexy" side so I think you are free to really interpret it any way you feel. I think it really just boils down to what you want it to look like. I would probably add (to the original drawing) maybe make her lower legs about the same length as her upper leg, but have a pronounced bend at the knee so it kind of gives her a squat appearance in the legs, but that all depends on the pose you want to put the figure in and your personal tastes

Yeah, I like it. It is like a skewed version of "regular" beauty, which is what I'd expect a troll to look like.

Another sketch I made today. A bit more defined and in scale (around 40 mm)
    Name:  PE_20191202_085748.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  9.5 KB

First off: I really like your sculpts! The level of detail, lifelike proportions, etc that you're able to achieve is admirable!

Second off: I think you're achieving a good balance of beauty and "troll-ishness" with your latest concept sketch. I guess the one thing I would caution against is making her arms too long. Other than that, I like everything else!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...wwsdower-s-WIP

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower