Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP - Page 5
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP

Update. I should have bought a different colour. It seems impossible to get good pictures from this bright green.
    Name:  IMG_20190219_045805.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  964.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190219_045816.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  972.7 KB

Interesting armature underneath the putty. Looks like you twist the loop, then split it to make the legs?
    How do you attach/manage the pose for the arms?

Oh yeah, that putty is very green. Is it a polymer clay? Beesputty?

It's Fimo-Soft. It is available in many different colours. The armature is simply a bended wire. I start at one leg, bend it where necessary, make a loop where the head is and go down again for the second leg. I sculpt the body first without arms and cure it. Then I drill holes where the arms should be attached and add the wire for the arms. This way the arms can be removed more easy for casting. I simply cut the arm and pull out the wire again.

wow, nice butt, lol.
    This is my gallery
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/codenamezero

Really thx for your votes&comments!

And this is my WIP
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...410-Zero-s-WIP

It is almost Impossible to take pictures. The green is too bright. Added some armour.
    Name:  IMG_20190219_231145.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  895.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190219_231451.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  872.5 KB

It's a great looking sculpt so far!

The green doesn't bother me too much. You could try and post-process the images to bring the saturation down a bit, your camera seems to oversaturate everything else too (the blue in the background for example).
    Maybe there is a camera setting you can play with?

After my first 2 sculpts I realized that I use too many different clays/putties, so the model starts looking weird, so now before I take the final shots I'll usually prime it already in a medium gray, that seems to lighten the shadows
    and darken the highlights enough so you can still see all the texture (well, as much of the texture I can achieve ).

Great stuff Chaos! I like that green a lot. I got my Bees putty that you recommended in yesterday and can’t wait to try it out. Nice hooves!

I take the pictures with my mobile phone. It does a lot automatically and generally takes good pictures, but there is not much manual ajustment possible.
    I started painting the Minotaur Tavern Wench and I am struggling with the skin tone.
    Name:  IMG_20190224_182237.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  771.0 KB

Looks great to me but i’ve never met one in person so not sure what tone is standard. That pink hair is superb though. Draws ya right in.

The pnk hair is a nice cotrast to the light skin. I think you are on the right track at least for pale skin.

It took me a while to get there. I don't really know what I'm doing. I just paint, look at the result, and if it doesn't look good I change it. I try to make smooth blending, but it seems I am still a beginner (after over 20 years of experience painting miniatures XD )

I got my order in from your store yesterday and it all looks great. Can’t wait to start on the barmaids and get my tavern all set up. I found a shop on etsy that sells assorted bits for towns and stuff. Pretty neat and cheap and has all sorts of benches, barrels, hedge walls and whatnot. Should be a good addition to get the “feel” of an old tavern. Seriously love your minis though! Thanks a ton!

Stay the course it looks great!!!

Maybe I find some time to paint this weekend. @W0lf thank you very much for ordering so much stuff. I'd love to See some pictures of the painted minis.
    Another idea I had today: A shieldmaiden, exhausted after a fight.
    Name:  PE_20190308_152049.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  7.0 KB

Shieldmaiden sketch looks great. Nice fleshtones and blending, if it's looking that smooth in the magnified image it must look cracking in the real!