Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP

Her arm is a bit shorter now. Looks better I think.
    Name:  IMG_20190325_065011.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  1.12 MB

I like the RUMP!!!!! great work spawn. Love your stuff.

Love the proportions of your sculpts, it places the focus on the things that matter.
    And again, the facial features are awesome.

Thanks gorb, I actually found a quick and easy way to sculpt faces. It did not take long to make her face.

Awesome work and a very distinct style....keep at it and keep posting updates, makes for a fascinating thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos spawn View Post
    Thanks gorb, I actually found a quick and easy way to sculpt faces. It did not take long to make her face.
    You're not going to leave me hanging like that, are you? Come on, what's the secret!?!

It is not explaned so easy. I think I will have to do a tutorial. First I have to try it a second time and see if it works that well again.
    Worked on her other axe and some more pictures.
    Name:  IMG_20190326_223912.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  1.04 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190326_223903.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  1.06 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190326_072017.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  1.10 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190326_072037.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  1.13 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190326_072242.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  1.06 MB

I'm amazed at how quickly you can go from a concept drawing to a sculpt.
    And not only a sculpt, but a great looking one at that! Well done!

Now, can you get me that tutorial please? Haha!

Thank you
    Most sculpts I make without even having a concept drawing.
    And if I have a concept I don't stick to it.
    Name:  IMG_20190327_192814.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  1.21 MB

Name:  PE_20190329_113221.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  7.5 KB
    A short tutorial about making faces.
    1. Start with a faceless head. Parallel at the sides, a pointy chin at the bottom.
    2. Use a soft paintshaper to push soft depressions where shown.
    3. Add a triangle for nose and two ovals to the cheeks. Smoothen the transitions.
    Name:  PE_20190329_113237.jpg
Size:  8.8 KB
    4. Add 3 flat ovals for mouth and eyes.
    5. Use sharp, pointy shaping tool to shape eyes and mouth. Eyes: Cut smoothely directly under the edge of the oval to make eye-brows. Apply pressure to the corners of the eyes to make them become round. Make sure, that the nose is very thin between the eyes. Use the soft paintshaper and press the spot between eyebrows, eyes and nose to make a deep depression.
    Lips: Cut the lips horizontal, slightly above the middle. Apply pressure to cut deeper at the corners of the mouth.
    6. Use sharp tool point it at the middle, between the lips and slightly move it up to Open mouth a bit. Use soft paintshaper to smoothen if necessary. If you want her to smile use soft paintshaper to push up the corners of her mouth slightly.
    Eyes: Use sharp tool to make eyelids. Pressure should only be applied to corners of the eyes to keep the eyeballs round.
    Use paintshaper to smoothen where necessary and make some corrections to the nose. Nose should be narrow and depressed between the eyes. If the tip of the nose slightly points up it will look cute.
    If the chin is too small you might add a very small ball of putty to it, but be careful. A broad chin looks maskuline.
    Name:  PE_20190329_113254.jpg
Size:  5.8 KB

Great STS there, it is interesting to understand how people go about the sculpting side of the hobby. Unfortunately my sculpting skills are very horrible (and that was trying to make larger objects, like mugs)

Thanks chaos spawn, you delivered in spades!
    This is a great STS, I'm going to try this soon, and post my results.

You're style of figure is surely your own...while other's have pointed out that things may not be anatomically/proportionally correct, I think what you do with these sculpts is in someways similar to Picasso's work (it's not quote/unquote "right," but IT IS at the same time!

Keep bringing this stuff to us; I really appreciate your work. The addition of the pit-stop tutorial is awesome as hell too, so that someone looking to start out sculpting can take some of your technique and add it to their available tools.

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    You're style of figure is surely your own...while other's have pointed out that things may not be anatomically/proportionally correct, I think what you do with these sculpts is in someways similar to Picasso's work (it's not quote/unquote "right," but IT IS at the same time!

Keep bringing this stuff to us; I really appreciate your work. The addition of the pit-stop tutorial is awesome as hell too, so that someone looking to start out sculpting can take some of your technique and add it to their available tools.

Keep it coming!
    Ditto. And I believe I have worked with this woman before.

Thanks for all the Feedback, guys. It is good to know that People like my work. Yes, it seems I have my own style. Actually I try to make each female mini look beautiful, and sexy even if she is a short dwarf or has horns, hooves, whatever. I try to make them a bit extreme, but at the same time I try to give them a natural look. I will start the next mini soon, stay tuned

Still looking for a good pose. How do you like this pose (and how about her hair? )
    Name:  PE_20190404_114512.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  5.7 KB