Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Spawns sculpts WIP

The dark grey blue is my standard dark metal recipe. I paint it in dark grey blue, use strong tone wash on it, then drybrush with chainmail silver or something similar, then do some finetuning using all the colours above until it looks good. sometimes I add some rust to it.
    In the past I used a dark metal colour as Basic, but one day all my dark metal paints where empty, so I just used the dark grey blue istead. Surprisigly it looked quite good.

By the way: I never use black, because I don't have any. I run out of black years ago. I do dark lining and shadows with other dark paints.

So my choice of colour basically is: "let's see what we have got and use it".

Quote Originally Posted by chaos spawn View Post
    The dark grey blue is my standard dark metal recipe. I paint it in dark grey blue, use strong tone wash on it, then drybrush with chainmail silver or something similar, then do some finetuning using all the colours above until it looks good. sometimes I add some rust to it.
    In the past I used a dark metal colour as Basic, but one day all my dark metal paints where empty, so I just used the dark grey blue istead. Surprisigly it looked quite good.

By the way: I never use black, because I don't have any. I run out of black years ago. I do dark lining and shadows with other dark paints.

So my choice of colour basically is: "let's see what we have got and use it".
    I'm going to make a note of this recipe, the final result you get looks great!

And that philosophy is spot on

I really like how that she turned out! Nice job.

Nice work on the tavern wench/serving girl and yeah, have to agree would really like to see the chainsaw girl made into a figure

Nice work, those panty hoes or what ever the black tight ( very slightly see through ) fabric is called looks great!.

Thanks guys. Then I guess the next thing will be the chainsaw girl.
    After I finished painting this lady.
    Name:  IMG_20200125_165553.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  969.1 KB

Tuesday I was at my dentist. While she worked at my teeth I looked at her tools and thought that some of them might be good for sculpting. I asked her if she has any old tools that she doesn't need any more and told her about my sculpting hobby. She then came up with two boxes full of tools and I could take whatever I want. Now I have a whole lot of new sculpting tools. Lots of different shapes, diffrent sizes etc... I cant wait to start my next sculpt.

You should give her a sculpture to thank her.
    My dad was a dentist and gave me some of his awesome tools when he retired. Definitely some of my favorites. I have these ones that are like tiny little hockey sticks that I like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos spawn View Post
    Tuesday I was at my dentist. While she worked at my teeth I looked at her tools and thought that some of them might be good for sculpting. I asked her if she has any old tools that she doesn't need any more and told her about my sculpting hobby. She then came up with two boxes full of tools and I could take whatever I want. Now I have a whole lot of new sculpting tools. Lots of different shapes, diffrent sizes etc... I cant wait to start my next sculpt.
    Ah, what a great excuse to go and pay a visit to my dentist
    Have fun with the "new" set of tools!

the finished piece tuned out nice, well done.

have fun with the new tools. Just wondering who will get more fun from them, you for sculpting or the dentist from inflicting untold amounts of pain on people.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Mmmm I think that should be your next sculpt Chaos. A barbarian with a big bowie knife who goes by name of The Dentist.

Next thing is the female dwarf wielding a chainsaw.
    Name:  IMG_20200204_163333.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  1.10 MB

Beautiful work and this chainsaw whacko loonie will be your best yet!!!