Y’all are harsh - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y’all are harsh

Quote Originally Posted by jedellion View Post
    That's very interesting! I must admit the hoby has moved on tremendously in the last 20-30 years.

Incidentally Dragonsreach, your face is very familiar. I'm from the NW, pretty sure I've seen you over many a year at Triples, Northern Militaire's etc.
    More than likely.
    ‘But more face fungus nowas well.Grew my beard out last year.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehand View Post
    I didn’t think that my minis were great by any stretch of the imagination but... they can’t be that bad. 2.8, 2.9, jeez I don’t think I’ve doled out a single 1 rating no matter how bad it is. IMHO 1s and 2s should be reserved for no effort, like I squirted paint out if the bottle directly onto the mini and did nothing else. Apparently folks in here are suuuuper critical. I’ve been painting for 2 years I can’t be that bad : ( feeling a lil but hurt about it.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep working. It will level out in the end.

Folks also need to get to know you and your signature paintjobs. We all started lower at some point. Best ting to do is use your work on a forum w I p page and folks will get to know you better. Not that this is a magic bullet but it also helps one level up in their skills and their scores.

Start a WIP thread so people can give tips and advice as the miniature progresses.
    My first tip is prepping the miniature, get rid of all those pesky mold lines.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.