CMON Expo 2019

Thread: CMON Expo 2019

Default CMON Expo 2019

May 31st - June 2nd, in Atlanta, GA.

What’s your status? Hoping to go / Definitely going / Definitely not going / Other

I went for the first time last year with my son, friend, and his son. We had a blast the entire time, and can’t wait to go back. We WAY overpacked games to play while we were there, but have agreed that Song is a Must Pack for this year, at the very least.

I’m curious to see who all I might run into from the forum while we’re there.

http://cmonexpo.com/
    Last edited by AlxRaven; 01-08-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Grammar

I'd be interested in going! I'll know my work schedule soon and I'll let you know if I can make it! Maybe I'll bring my son(s) also!

Cool. Glad to see people are interested in or are going.

I MIGHT join a tournament, assuming they do one for Song, but would definitely like to pick up some casual games. I much prefer fun over heavy competition.

I'd much prefer casual play. I wouldn't play in a tournament. But I'll play casual pickup games all weekend!

Last year I focused on tournaments and... I regrated that. This year I will try to enjoy casual games more :-) SoI&F
    tournament
    would be the only competitive gaming I might consider.

Quote Originally Posted by MaciekZ View Post
    Last year I focused on tournaments and... I regrated that. This year I will try to enjoy casual games more :-) SoI&F
    tournament
    would be the only competitive gaming I might consider.
    I ALMOST entered one of the Rising Sun events, because I REALLY want the playmat. However, I was able to recognize that with my limited number of playthroughs at the time, I had very little real chance of winning anything.

For me it comes down to an issue of attitude. I'm all about casual play because I don't mind take backs, rules questions, friendly banter and even helping each other like "don't forget you can reroll your attack dice", "oh yeah, thanks". I also like trying weird army compositions. I'll use a commander that I haven't tried before just to mix it up.

I MUCH prefer friendly casual games and I have almost zero desire to play in a competition where the focus is on tightly optimized armies.