CMON Expo 2019
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMON Expo 2019

Default CMON Expo 2019

May 31st - June 2nd, in Atlanta, GA.

What’s your status? Hoping to go / Definitely going / Definitely not going / Other

I went for the first time last year with my son, friend, and his son. We had a blast the entire time, and can’t wait to go back. We WAY overpacked games to play while we were there, but have agreed that Song is a Must Pack for this year, at the very least.

I’m curious to see who all I might run into from the forum while we’re there.

http://cmonexpo.com/
    Last edited by AlxRaven; 01-08-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Grammar

I'd be interested in going! I'll know my work schedule soon and I'll let you know if I can make it! Maybe I'll bring my son(s) also!

Cool. Glad to see people are interested in or are going.

I MIGHT join a tournament, assuming they do one for Song, but would definitely like to pick up some casual games. I much prefer fun over heavy competition.

I'd much prefer casual play. I wouldn't play in a tournament. But I'll play casual pickup games all weekend!

Last year I focused on tournaments and... I regrated that. This year I will try to enjoy casual games more :-) SoI&F
    tournament
    would be the only competitive gaming I might consider.

Quote Originally Posted by MaciekZ View Post
    Last year I focused on tournaments and... I regrated that. This year I will try to enjoy casual games more :-) SoI&F
    tournament
    would be the only competitive gaming I might consider.
    I ALMOST entered one of the Rising Sun events, because I REALLY want the playmat. However, I was able to recognize that with my limited number of playthroughs at the time, I had very little real chance of winning anything.

For me it comes down to an issue of attitude. I'm all about casual play because I don't mind take backs, rules questions, friendly banter and even helping each other like "don't forget you can reroll your attack dice", "oh yeah, thanks". I also like trying weird army compositions. I'll use a commander that I haven't tried before just to mix it up.

I MUCH prefer friendly casual games and I have almost zero desire to play in a competition where the focus is on tightly optimized armies.

Newbie, please be gentle SirJosh0820's Avatar

I will be there. I may enter a small tournament, but would definitely be up to some friendly games. Saturday is a great day for playing miniatures games at the Expo. Tournaments at the Expo are fun, but they are very time consuming. Either play a tournament early, or play it later in the day.

Awesome! Perhaps once it gets closer to time we can set a time and place for people to meet, put faces to Usernames, and get some casual games in.

Btw, from the looks of the Swag Bag preview CMON has shared, we can look forward to some Song goodies!! (Looks to me like a High Senechal and a Stark vs Lannister starter, at the very least.)
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

When was the swag bag previewed? I definitely want to check that out. Link?

CMON posted an update yesterday, with a teaser image. Everything is grayed out, but you can see the outline of the Senechal, along with some Rising Sun KS exclusives. The large box in the back has a lighter gray pattern on it that looks strikingly like the design used for Song. I’m thinking S vs L starter, but my friend is hoping for a different starter.

http://cmonexpo.com/swag-bag-teaser-...chedule-added/

I’m happy either way, as I was only expecting themed dice/rulers/bags or banners. At most I was thinking it would be a random unit box, before the teaser was released. Although I could still keep with the plan of unit swapping with others at the Expo, using the starter, so I’m VERY pleased.

Visions of an all calv army, just for fun, are already dancing in my head. Lol
    House - Ravenhurst

After looking at the picture, it can only be one of three boxes. It’s either the two player starter box, Night’s Watch, or Freefolk. I ‘m leaning more towards the Stark vs. Lannister’s, since the other two starters just came out. You never know what you’ll get at the Expo.

They revealed the Seneschal today. We’ll be getting a version with a metallic finish.

Non-Song related, we’re also getting promos for Gizmos (haven’t tried it) and a copy of 13 Clues, which my son will be excited about. I think he played that about a dozen times last year at the Expo.
    Last edited by AlxRaven; 02-11-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    House - Ravenhurst

It seems like we are going to be in for another epic swag bag. Last year they gave out metallic figures for demoing ASOIAF. The swag bag had Godfather and Way of the Panda, last year. I definitely will be getting Gizmos now.

I wish there was a way to know what promos they will be offering with purchases at the Expo. I’m trying to decide if I want to get more units now, or wait and get tickets for additional items at the Expo. Last year they had one of the big KS boxes from Black Plague that had several people I was missing in it.
    House - Ravenhurst

I plan on making all my CMON related purchases at the show. I want as much credit possible to spend at the ticket booth. I plan on grabbing the NW starter, Great Axes, and other board games. I’m really focusing on painting. So much to get done.

Tell me about it!! Still have to finish half my Horde Box, a third of Rising Sun, most of Rise of Moloch, plus Greataxes and the current Night’s Watch stuff. I think I’ll never catch up!

i am looking forward to seeing people’s painted pieces at the expo tho!
    House - Ravenhurst

I’m going to paint the bulk of my troops to tabletop standard. I’m only going to spend more time on character models and NCUs. I hope this speeds up the painting process. I won’t mention my backlog of unpainted minis. It makes me sad.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing your work.
    House - Ravenhurst