Boltons and "Mercenaries"

Thread: Boltons and "Mercenaries"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Boltons and "Mercenaries"

Do you guys think there will be mercenaries that are truly just fighters for coin? The game pitches the Boltons/Bolton soldiers as "mercenaries" or "neutral" but we know from both the books and the shows that Roose Bolton isn't a man to be bought by coin so much as by power and position. It would be cool to see the Boltons reduced to only fighting for the Starks, Lannisters, and other Westerosi great houses, and real mercenaries added to the game like the Company of the Cat and the Brave Companions who can work for just about anyone. NCUs and attachments could be added to be associated with those specific units as well, but require purchasing a unit before accessing characters/captains. I think this change would also aid in balancing as future factions do not have to be designed around the idea of having access to Bolton units and characters.

Perhaps (way) down the line the Golden Company could even be their own true faction.

I’d love to see the Brave Companions added to the game. Just the sculpts alone would make them worth it in my opinion. The others from across the sea will probably not come out until they are ready to intro Dani, but Golden Company and Second Sons would be nice.

What do you think about limited neutral units? Like people that only work for Westerosi factions or Essosi factions (in the future assuming we see stuff out of Essos). The more factions that release the more and more I don't like Boltons being able to work for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFoam View Post
    What do you think about limited neutral units? Like people that only work for Westerosi factions or Essosi factions (in the future assuming we see stuff out of Essos). The more factions that release the more and more I don't like Boltons being able to work for everyone.
    I agree with this. Who knows, down the road they could release a list stating what neutral unit can go with what factions? They started to do this with the Free Folk, so they likely are aware of the potential balance and lore issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    I agree with this. Who knows, down the road they could release a list stating what neutral unit can go with what factions? They started to do this with the Free Folk, so they likely are aware of the potential balance and lore issue.
    Hmmm, don't know how I feel about this. I'd certainly think this would be fine in tournaments, but I'd rather Neutral units have a "suggested" faction than a mandatory one.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger