Who do you want to see in the game? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 96

Thread: Who do you want to see in the game?

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    My friend just suggested a similar thought, wishing they would release a card that lets you field four of the Direwolves as a single unit on a cav tray.

    Another character id like to see is a mounted version of the Hound, perhaps as a Neutral unit. I mean he’s the only character in the books whose horse has a name we know, and is talked about. Stranger deserves to be in the game. Lol
    As awesome as that would be, I hope not! I green stuffed my Grey Wind and Summer to their trays and filled the gaps for a bigger, better base on each of them. They no longer come away from their trays. Haha.

  2. #42

    Default

    Well I guess if it happens, you better hope for a good sale/trade, or that four single trays grouped is the same size as a cav tray...lol

    Cool idea on the bases tho. You should post your work on the forum. I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like to see it.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

  3. #43

    Default

    I doubt we'll see any "dire wolf" unit really. It doesn't make that much sense with the books. Those dire wolves were tied with whoever raised them, then the whole stark family got separated and the wolves with them.

    With these releases, i feel that Starks and Lannisters are pretty much complete. We'll probably see some variants afterward (like cavalry attachments).

    We'll definitely see more releases for the night's watch and free folk...and i hope the Bolton blackguards (!)...but if things go like they do, we might hear of next factions (Baratheons and Tyrells?) by next fall with release next year.

  4. #44

    Default

    Yeah it’s probably something that’ll stay on a wishlist. Nymeria and wolves are more likely, but even then not something we will probably see.

    I think that there is more they could do for the Starks and Lannisters. There are still a few unmounted attachments that have not seen retail yet, so at least one more Hero Box for each, for example. Tho I do think the releases for those factions will slow down. Especially once even more factions are added.

    Goldcloaks for Lannister’s. Some of the different minor Houses for Stark. Etc. Are some thoughts off the top of my head, but mostly just to keep the faction”alive” and current.


    BTW - As I’m typing this, I get a text from a friend saying they have announced Baratheon as the next faction at GAMA. My guess is maybe June-July release, as that’s where the units we know about already stop...
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

  5. #45

    Default

    Ooh boy that's some really good news. Can't wait to see what they'll be like (Can't wait to play with Stannis)

    As you say, one more hero box is assured...mounted or not. I also agree with the gold cloaks, they'll have to release them at a point, but could they be "neutral" faction? They did put Littlefinger there after all.

  6. #46

    Default

    Neutral would be cool. It would open scenario options where another house has taken control of Kingslanding and the crown...

    still waiting to see how they will release the mounted heroes, and what other ones they will do.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    Yeah it’s probably something that’ll stay on a wishlist. Nymeria and wolves are more likely, but even then not something we will probably see.

    I think that there is more they could do for the Starks and Lannisters. There are still a few unmounted attachments that have not seen retail yet, so at least one more Hero Box for each, for example. Tho I do think the releases for those factions will slow down. Especially once even more factions are added.

    Goldcloaks for Lannister’s. Some of the different minor Houses for Stark. Etc. Are some thoughts off the top of my head, but mostly just to keep the faction”alive” and current.


    BTW - As I’m typing this, I get a text from a friend saying they have announced Baratheon as the next faction at GAMA. My guess is maybe June-July release, as that’s where the units we know about already stop...
    It seems weird there is no news on this anywhere else. I want to know more!

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    It seems weird there is no news on this anywhere else. I want to know more!
    Well the question was asked at GAMA by someone in a room full of people and they answered that the Baratheons were next (and iirc they would be at Gen Con but i can't remember for sure). I saw some posts by the person who asked this in the Facebook group yesterday so you can find them too.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Well the question was asked at GAMA by someone in a room full of people and they answered that the Baratheons were next (and iirc they would be at Gen Con but i can't remember for sure). I saw some posts by the person who asked this in the Facebook group yesterday so you can find them too.
    Oh I am not doubting you---I just want to see what they have up their sleeves!

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    Oh I am not doubting you---I just want to see what they have up their sleeves!
    My post came out wrong maybe, i didn't think you were doubting it. I am not the OP, but i just wanted to give you clues as where to look for the info. Sadly, that's the only thing we know :P

  11. #51

    Default

    From what I’ve heard, all they did was confirm it’s next. No details, teasers, etc... of any kind.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

  12. #52

    Default

    Dreaming: Baratheon Heroes: Stannis, Renly, Brienne de Tarth, Melissandre, Davos

  13. #53

    Default

    Speculation

    Starter set Commanders : Stannis, Renly

    Starter set NCU: Melisandre, Ser Davos Seaworth (if one of the two is not in the box, then it'll appear in the heroes set 1)

    Attachments or Commanders (Boxed set 1?): Guyard Morrigen, Roland Storm.

    Imho Guyard is pretty much a given if both Stannis and Renly are represented, because he served both.

    That's what i can guess right now...though there are a few florents who could be around in the Baratheon's forces. These could perhaps even be "double-faction" with Tyrells, just like Renly...tons of options, tons of fun ahead
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 03-15-2019 at 05:59 PM.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdyc View Post
    Dreaming: Baratheon Heroes: Stannis, Renly
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Speculation

    Starter set Commanders : Stannis, Renly
    I have a hard time imagining that Renly and Stannis would be in the same faction, since they're rival claimants for the Iron Throne. It sounds almost as weird as Joffrey being double-faction with either. It could happen, but I'm just not seeing it...

  15. #55

    Default

    I agree he's hard to design, but the thing is, they were the same faction in the lore. Sure it didn't last long for Renly, but since we can play with Ned Stark leading an army...the game allows us to play "what ifs", and Renly did have most of the Baratheon army under his command for a start. There might be a way to ally with Tyrells, but as one of the 5 kings in the war, it wouldn't be fitting to have him in the Tyrell army only. He was a player in the game on his own, even before the alliance. He just didn't expect Melisandre's power, but how could he.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 03-16-2019 at 08:15 AM.

  16. #56

    Default

    I know its not possible, but a Robert Baratheon commander with his awesome warhammer and armor from his duel with Rhaegar would be amazing.

    In any event, how do yall think the army would play? As they add more houses making them feel different could be challenging. So far I think they are doing a great job though.

  17. #57

    Default

    Good question. I certainly expect Stannis's force to have great morale, but it might only come from him rather than be across the faction. You know what, i expected them to have a bit of everything, while never be in the extreme of the lot.

    Good Morale, but probably not Stark strong
    Good equipment, but not Lannister quality
    Good offense, but not like the Night's watch or Umber units.
    They will have better cavalry than Starks, perhaps on par with Lannisters or even better. I do expect a mounted Stannis later on to represent his strike north of the Wall.
    Some really sneaky or dreadful NCUs, both Melisandre and Ser Davos proved to be extremely resourceful. Melisandre could even be the more powerful/expensive NCU so far.

    Their words is "Ours is the fury" so i do expect them to have a serious punch too. Something like getting more morale as they loose troops?

    I see the Baratheons is one of the more "classical" armies there is, especially when united by Stannis. I just hope they don't give warhammers to everyone just because Robert had one..

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    I agree he's hard to design, but the thing is, they were the same faction in the lore. Sure it didn't last long for Renly, but since we can play with Ned Stark leading an army...the game allows us to play "what ifs", and Renly did have most of the Baratheon army under his command for a start. There might be a way to ally with Tyrells, but as one of the 5 kings in the war, it wouldn't be fitting to have him in the Tyrell army only. He was a player in the game on his own, even before the alliance. He just didn't expect Melisandre's power, but how could he.
    I'm not sure we can call them the same faction, to be honest - Renly and Stannis may both be members of House Baratheon, but Renly is the one who commands the loyalty of the Stormlands at the start of the war, while Stannis has the Royal Fleet and what few Houses are sworn to Dragonstone.

    The rulebook even makes note of it.

    "Lord Stannis Baratheon had long gathered his strength at Dragonstone, some say in anticipation of this ‘imminent’ civil instability. Although his land forces paled in comparison to many participants, his command of the royal navy provided superior mobility which allowed even such meager numbers to pose a significant threat to coastal holdings.

    Lord Renly Baratheon, King Robert’s youngest brother, successfully negotiated marriage to Margaery Tyrell of Highgarden, providing the strength of arms necessary to lend weight to his claim on the Iron Throne, which was arguably the weakest. Indeed, Lord Renly fielded the largest of all armies involved in the War."

    I'd expect Renly to be part of a joint Stormlands/Reach faction, like with the North (Stark, Umber) and the Riverlands (Tully). Of course, the question then becomes which one is the "Baratheon" faction - is Renly part of the "Tyrell" faction while Stannis claims the Baratheon faction, or is Stannis the "Royal Fleet" faction and Renly claims the Baratheon name?

  19. #59

    Default

    Yeah but in game terms i believe there'll be just one Baratheon faction, otherwise the Faith Militant would have been on its own as well. It's entirely possible they keep him for the Tyrell faction too, as it would keep 1 king per faction.

    But even if Renly is Baratheon, it all works anyway when you think about it. If they both are commanders, they won't be fielded at the same time in the same army. It wouldn't make sense for Renly not to have access to the Stormlands troops either. So if he is kept for a Tyrell box, he could have a special rule that he can recruit Baratheon troops? who knows what clever way they'll do it. Guyard Morrigen should also be able to serve both Stannis and Renly too.

    Putting Renly in the Tyrell box would make them quite full of characters though. Mace Tyrell, Randyl Tarly, Garlan Tyrell, Loras Tyrell, Lady Olena, Maergery, and i am sure i am forgetting someone.

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Good question. I certainly expect Stannis's force to have great morale, but it might only come from him rather than be across the faction. You know what, i expected them to have a bit of everything, while never be in the extreme of the lot.

    Good Morale, but probably not Stark strong
    Good equipment, but not Lannister quality
    Good offense, but not like the Night's watch or Umber units.
    They will have better cavalry than Starks, perhaps on par with Lannisters or even better. I do expect a mounted Stannis later on to represent his strike north of the Wall.
    Some really sneaky or dreadful NCUs, both Melisandre and Ser Davos proved to be extremely resourceful. Melisandre could even be the more powerful/expensive NCU so far.

    Their words is "Ours is the fury" so i do expect them to have a serious punch too. Something like getting more morale as they loose troops?

    I see the Baratheons is one of the more "classical" armies there is, especially when united by Stannis. I just hope they don't give warhammers to everyone just because Robert had one..
    It will be interesting because usually armies that are "jack of all trades" don't end up being that much fun to play. I do hope they are cav heavy.

    One of the (really genius for long term success) ways open to CMON to make them different would be to have units that look a lot like Lannister, but with different tactics cards and leaders to make the difference. Instead of all the negative Morale effects, they could do positive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->