Who do you want to see in the game? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who do you want to see in the game?

Name:  9DEB1CDF-E286-4F9A-9059-EF19F2CF7F1A.jpeg
Views: 920
Size:  26.8 KB

My my friend found this posted on Facebook. It’s the first I’m hearing of this unit, but the art looks right. So I’m assuming it’s legit.

This makes the 4th ranged unit for NW, versus 3 melee only units. (If you include everything we know about so far) I was hoping for more melee, honestly. Or something with long range. Short range attacks have taken quite a bit of getting used to for me, coming from mostly playing Starks before, and REALLY liking the Stark Bowmen unit.

Of course I’m only assuming these will be short range because of the Lannister Crossbowmen.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post

My my friend found this posted on Facebook. It’s the first I’m hearing of this unit, but the art looks right. So I’m assuming it’s legit.

This makes the 4th ranged unit for NW, versus 3 melee only units. (If you include everything we know about so far) I was hoping for more melee, honestly. Or something with long range. Short range attacks have taken quite a bit of getting used to for me, coming from mostly playing Starks before, and REALLY liking the Stark Bowmen unit.

Of course I’m only assuming these will be short range because of the Lannister Crossbowmen.
    I think they will get long range, it doesn't make sense for crossbows to be shortranged. That said, i expected the scorpion to be the long range unit for NW

The short range trackers are really good. The hunters are more difficult to use due to the price, but i've been surprised at what they could do.

Doesn’t make sense to me either, but then we have the Lannister’s...

I don’t have the scorpions yet, but I’m hoping to grab them at the Expo next month, so I only have the Hunters and Trackers to go off of. I do agree they have their use, it’s just remembering I have to get closer than I’m used to for ranged attacks. Lol

Here’s a thought...I wonder if we’ll ever see a unit with both a short and a long range attack? As in two different options. I’m aware attack’s with long range can be used within short range already.
    House - Ravenhurst

And...that’s what I get for not playing Lannisters.

Not sure why I thought they were short range only...
    House - Ravenhurst

Found this the other day. While the content is in French, the cards are in English, so you can see what they do. It also includes pictures of the minis.

Free Folk and Night’s Watch Hero Boxes contents revealed!!

https://asoiffigurines.wordpress.com/
    House - Ravenhurst

Newbie, please be gentle sacrilege83's Avatar

Waiting for Smalljon Umber and the Karstarks.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrilege83 View Post
    Waiting for Smalljon Umber and the Karstarks.
    Waiting for Brienne, Bronn, The Mountain That Rides, Maege Mormont and all the other personalities that were released with the Kickstarter, but weren't labeled as KS exclusive.

Seriously, does anyone know anything about when/if they're getting released?

Found this the other day. While the content is in French, the cards are in English, so you can see what they do. It also includes pictures of the minis.

Free Folk and Night’s Watch Hero Boxes contents revealed!!

https://asoiffigurines.wordpress.com/
    Awesome! Thanks for posting that!

i NEED the mountain that rides pretty badly for a build, waiting for those characters as well

Honestly, I was expecting the last of those to be in their respective Hero Box #2’s.
    House - Ravenhurst

If I understood right, yesterday a c´mon expo took place, and some new units/miniatures were shown. Could a kind soul that attended that expo post some photos of the novelties?

Quote Originally Posted by toniu View Post
    If I understood right, yesterday a c´mon expo took place, and some new units/miniatures were shown. Could a kind soul that attended that expo post some photos of the novelties?

CMON Expo is at the end of this month. There were no conventions last weekend.

More Tully units, ideally some archers.

I have just started the game and like all the factions within factions, so it would be nice if several were playable by themselves. As a fan of the Blackfish, a Tully force is badly wanted here. Some other minor houses would be welcome also.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop_Express View Post
    More Tully units, ideally some archers.

I have just started the game and like all the factions within factions, so it would be nice if several were playable by themselves. As a fan of the Blackfish, a Tully force is badly wanted here. Some other minor houses would be welcome also.
    To be honest, while they are called "stark bowmen", they fit the bill quite well and they are probably the best you could ever ask for House Tully. The ability to shoot over units is perfect to "rain death" on whatever is stuck against your sworn shields, imho.

Since all bannermen answer to the Starks, it's logical that there are some units of sworn swords, bowmen, and outriders made out of Tully soldiers. They are generic units. This is evidenced by the "outrider commander" version of the Blackfish.

I agree that the genetics work well with even lesser House themed armies. The Bowmen/Sworn Shields combo is one I use often as a matter of fact.

That being said, some more House specific stuff would be nice. Tully horse are coming at some point. And it would be nice to see at least one Mormont unit to hit around the time they finally release Maege to retail.
    House - Ravenhurst

I agree that the genetics work well with even lesser House themed armies. The Bowmen/Sworn Shields combo is one I use often as a matter of fact.

That being said, some more House specific stuff would be nice. Tully horse are coming at some point. And it would be nice to see at least one Mormont unit to hit around the time they finally release Maege to retail.
    Yeah, and some houses that get mentioned a lot like Karstark, Tarley, Manderly, Tarth, Dondarrion, Clegane, Westerling etc.