Who do you want to see in the game?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to see in the game?

Default Who do you want to see in the game?

The obligatory fan thread.

Which named characters (not factions or units) are you itching to see in the game, and what would they add/do?

The one I want to see in a second Neutral Heroes Box would be Jaqen H’ghar.

Neutral NCU

Ability: Instead of placing this figure on the Tactics Board, you may instead remove this figure from the game. If you do, remove any opponent’s Character from the game.

Simple and balanced, IMHO. Use him as normal, or get rid of a pesky NCU or Named Attachment, at the cost of one of your own NCU’s.

It would be cool to see Jorah Mormont as a "neutral" character even though his "mercenary" tendencies end quickly in the narrative. I always thought his story was compelling in the books, and I like the actor in the show as well (though I don't like Dany's story line in the show).

Would be very excited to see Jaqen H'ghar. Also Arya Stark would be nice as a Stark counterpart to a captive Jaime Lannister, where you place her in an enemy unit to debuff/hinder them to represent her sneaking about rather than being a front line fighter.

A Lannister-only Bronn version could be a Lannister Heroes 2 character (Ser Bronn of the Blackwater).

I am really hoping for two factions: Baratheon and the Dornish people (Martels i guess, but dorne in general).

I'll be happy with anything really, I just want more. This game is actually starting to pick up in popularity a lot, I will buy whatever they make. That being said I think targaryens and dragons are a huge part of the series in both adaptations and is probably something that would help the game appeal to a wider audience. I know its more war of the five kings but with the show going into the long night and the next book releasing amusingly after now would be a good time to dive into more fantasy elements. The giants are a nice touch, children of the forest, white walkers, dragons, dothraki, these are ideas that excite me even if its a long shot. I also believe neutral units really are a cool and great way to add to the factions. I would really love a neutral melisandre so she could go with the nights watch too. I could see baratheon being next, which is kinda boring but i'll take it.

agreed. There are so many potential "neutrals" that could be added. I'm just beginning my journey into this game, but I already can see where they could go to add so much more to it than the routine Starks vs Lannisters, and oh by the way some other folks too....
    I sure would like to be a fly on the wall on one or two of the development meetings over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    I'll be happy with anything really, I just want more. This game is actually starting to pick up in popularity a lot, I will buy whatever they make. That being said I think targaryens and dragons are a huge part of the series in both adaptations and is probably something that would help the game appeal to a wider audience. I know its more war of the five kings but with the show going into the long night and the next book releasing amusingly after now would be a good time to dive into more fantasy elements. The giants are a nice touch, children of the forest, white walkers, dragons, dothraki, these are ideas that excite me even if its a long shot. I also believe neutral units really are a cool and great way to add to the factions. I would really love a neutral melisandre so she could go with the nights watch too. I could see baratheon being next, which is kinda boring but i'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck67 View Post
    agreed. There are so many potential "neutrals" that could be added. I'm just beginning my journey into this game, but I already can see where they could go to add so much more to it than the routine Starks vs Lannisters, and oh by the way some other folks too....
    I sure would like to be a fly on the wall on one or two of the development meetings over this one.
    Yeah, they might need to provide better guidelines for neutrals though, because overtime the faction could become too versatile and then balancing every new unit rule with every neutral one will get hard. X-Wing had this issue with upgrades, as every new ship had to be balanced with every previous upgrades...it got so bad they had to produce a new edition.

I too am happy with any new factions and additions. I’m collecting every faction. I’m glad the game is picking up some traction. I’m a long time Warhammer gamer and I lost faith after the move to Age of Sigmar. Additionally I think ASOIAF is a better designed game than Warhammer.
    Regarding wishlisting new units: my favourite elements of the books were the Riverlands, with the Brave Companions, Amory Lorch, Beric Dondarrion, Brotherhood without Banners, etc. therefore being my main hopes for new releases. Jaqen H’ghar would obviously be a priority too.
    Best leaks I get are from Michael Shinnal’s podcast on PodOmatic. A really engaging insight into the new releases and tactical advice from the games’ chief designer. He also lets slip hints occasionally of upcoming rules and releases. Recently he’s inferred artillery batteries and a huge array of thematic Free Folk being released post the starter set. I also think he’s implied larger scale battles and possible built for purpose siege rules. Though I could be wishlisting in my guesses.

While there's a lot we hope for, i thought it could be good to keep track of what we know and perhaps a bit of a rumor mill:

Night’s Watch conscripts: Pretty much confirmed by the Game Night kit #2 offering a “variant” conscript figure.

Night’s Watch catapult crew: as far as we can see, this unit is for the Night’s watch, but it could very well have been Neutral one…any army could use siege engines, except the Free Folk.

Night’s Watch hero set 1: We’ve seen Coldhands, so there’s bound to be more heroes and the absence of Ser Alliser Thorne, Qhorin Halfhand and to some extent, Samwell Tarly in the starter set kind of gives it away.

Lannister King’s Guard with Jaime Lannister. We see 7 models total in the preview shelf so we don’t know if Ser Barristan Selmy will be available as an attachment, although it could be argued that he didn’t serve the Lannisters (well, King Joffrey) very long before being sent off. The model in the center is certainly Jaime Lannister as the artwork in the deluxe rulebook depicts Jaime in this pose and gear.

Neutral Bolton Blackguards: this had been announced at the end of the kickstarter, though not seen since. It’s a good guess that they’ll eventually be released, but might have taken a back seat with the Night’s Watch and Free Folk being released.

Starks House Tully Cavaliers: Also glimpsed at during the game’s debuts and they will definitely fit with Ser Brandyn Tully (both commander versions).

Free Folk Thenns: This has been hinted by a single preview miniature that mostly fit their description by general consensus, though there’s no confirmation. Since there is bound to be more Free Folk units, and the thenns are a very distinct people, I think it’s a safe bet.

Lannister Faith militant units: We don’t know much, but just like Howland Reed obviously had some Crannogmen units bound to be released, the High Septon certainly will get some faith militant unit of some sort, probably with a much better morale than the usual Lannister (to synergize with his tactic cards)
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 01-31-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Nice, i've seen cold hands and the catapult they both look cool

Another one we can add to the list is Free Folk Follower of Bones. A friend of mine showed me a link to a pre-order on Gamenerdz.com

https://www.gamenerdz.com/a-song-of-...bones-preorder

No picture, or info. But there is a listed release date of May 31st of this year.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    Another one we can add to the list is Free Folk Follower of Bones. A friend of mine showed me a link to a pre-order on Gamenerdz.com

https://www.gamenerdz.com/a-song-of-...bones-preorder

No picture, or info. But there is a listed release date of May 31st of this year.
    As far as i can tell, these probably have to do with the Lord of Bones. That's further hint at heroes sets by that time.

I want to see Varamyr Sixskins as a own unit for the free folk, would be a nice Sculpt with bear, shadowcat and the wolves.

I’ve continued to keep an eye on the Gamenerdz site. They have added two more listings for Song units. Again, with no picture or info outside of a release date of March 29th.

Stark Heroes Box #2
    My guess is this will include the rest of the KS characters we haven’t seen at retail yet. The question is, will it also include new characters? That probably depends on if they include the mounted Blackfish in this set, or package him differently.

Lannister Warrior’s Son’s
    So the Faith Militant gets units.
    House - Ravenhurst

Gamenerdz has also just listed:

Lannister Heroes Box #2
    Not playing them, were there any left over from the Kickstarter?

Free Folk Cave Dweller Savages
    Perhaps something akin to the Umber Berserkers?

Again, no pictures or descriptions. End of March release date.
    House - Ravenhurst

Alright, another update. Looks like we have contents details now, and I was way off in my theories.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...ire-minis-game

descriptions and box art for the units/heroes mentioned in the previous posts. They either forgot a name for the Stark box (Osha?), or we are getting two versions of someone (young and older Rickon?). I’m thinking Osha, given the rest of the people in the box.
    House - Ravenhurst

Definitely Osha, from the box art. Lannister Heroes 2, are the Kingsguard with Joffrey. This presents the interesting possibility of a unit of 8 miniatures. They would be elite but have less collective wounds you’d assume.

The king's guard and Warrior's sons are great ideas. I believe this means we'll get Joffrey as a commander? The Cave Dwellers were not expected, but that does show they do intend to go deep in each faction, which is good. I suppose the Thenns will be next.

As for the stark box, i don't know...i mean it's full of kids lol. Arya is certainly NCU material by the end of the later books, Jogen and Meera reed will probably grant the affiliation "Crannogmen" to tie in with Howland Reed. Syrio and Osha though...i honestly didn't expect them in this game. They can both fight, but...don't really play too much part in the grand scheme of things or a battle to speak of. As for Rickon...lol i can't wait to see what rules they have for him, as i never would have guessed he'd be there before Edmure Tully and Rickard Karstark.

Kind of funny that the game night kit will provide "conscripts" alternate sculpts when there's no such unit yet . I would have preferred activation banners though.

All this said, I'll probably get all of these boxes, and i can't wait to get news for the Bolton Blackguard, that faction needs a solid infantry unit more than most by now (and it's also my favorite army so...). I think it's the curse of being the only faction without a starter set.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 02-08-2019 at 02:06 AM.

arya stark would be amazing. The cave dwellers are not expected at all but they could be cool, just saw their card today

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    arya stark would be amazing. The cave dwellers are not expected at all but they could be cool, just saw their card today
    Where did you see their card? How do they play?

Quote Originally Posted by rkesterton View Post
    Definitely Osha, from the box art. Lannister Heroes 2, are the Kingsguard with Joffrey. This presents the interesting possibility of a unit of 8 miniatures. They would be elite but have less collective wounds you’d assume.
    Agreed on Osha. The site has made other errors when it comes to this game/franchise, so I’m not surprised.

As as for the Kingsguard, it mentions each one has his own special abilities, so I think they will be attachments instead of a whole unit of just Kingsguard. Though that would have been interesting, and potentially set a presidence for smaller unique units, such as the Brave Companions, and the Brotherhood Without Banners.
    House - Ravenhurst