Who do you want to see in the game? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to see in the game?

Gamenerdz has added more listings. Still no info or pictures outside of release dates ranging out through May. These are in addition to those listed above.

Night’s Watch
    Heroes Box 1
    Conscripts

Free Folk
    Heroes Box 1

Stark
    Tully Cav.

Lannister
    Poor Fellows

Neutral
    Still nothing new
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Where did you see their card? How do they play?
    My friend just shared this with me, from one of the Song Facebook Groups:

Name:  EC593409-6986-4CB0-B3AC-CFEED31CA5C1.jpeg
Views: 395
Size:  195.9 KB
    House - Ravenhurst

That's quite interesting , they will make for a strong mop-up team in the free folk army. Not great for the vanguard though, but i think Thenns will be good there.

Speaking of free folk, we can already have fun guessing on the content of their heroes set 1: Lord of Bones, The Magnar of Thenns, Harma Dogshead, Varaxyr Sixskins (or Orell), Jarl and another.

I think the Lord of Bones is a lock, with the Follower of Bones unit coming. Sixskins would be nice. Some of the others, like Magnar, they might hold back for Box 2. And release them at the same time as accompanying units.

My guess would be Ygritte, and potentionaly a Jon Snow “Turncloak”. Although Jon didn’t technically fight with them, he did climb the Wall with them. Maybe that’s enough?
    House - Ravenhurst

Agreed with Ygritte...if they got Osha in there, they sure will bring her, even though to be honest these character don't really play much part in the grand scheme of things. Thing is with box 1 they need commanders to get some variety for the free folk. The Lord of Bones and either one of Harma and the Magnar are the best candidates north of the wall. Varamyr or Orell would both be fitting for NCU (i think Varamyr would be more specacular although...not sure how they'd model him with the bears and stuff).

Hmm. Now you have me thinking. So what if Varamyr is a NCU, that comes with a 0 cost unit(s) like the Direwolves? If he was a commander, some of his tactics cards could reflect some of the other animals, like the hawk.

Harma would be an interesting sculpt, especially if they include the severed head. It would be REALLY cool if they had her and her people on their sleds as the Free Folk version of cav...
    House - Ravenhurst

More box art from Facebook.

Name:  3B118122-3CF2-41C5-9402-B16AF1F6D73E.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  37.4 KB
    Name:  DA30968F-7756-4778-991B-FDEE5A47D235.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  39.2 KB
    Name:  CBCC6AF9-5029-466E-B407-EBD0A4C8F6A3.jpeg
Views: 337
Size:  262.1 KB

If I had to guess, I’d say the poor fellows and the conscripts are going to be cheap mobile filler units, while the Tully’s will fill the heavy horse role. Possibly with Set for Charge.
    House - Ravenhurst

Thanks for that!

The tully cavaliers will be quite interesting to figure out. I expect them to have a 3+ save, but perhaps more speed and less impact strength than Lannister Knights, yet great morale (5+?). I think that the only other super heavy cavalry (2+) in westeros might be the knights of the vale?

The Poor fellows and Conscripts would perhaps be insgnificant like the Free Folk raiders.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 02-21-2019 at 12:09 PM.

I could see the Knights of the Vale being something closer to flayed men it stats. Really tanky units.

I can can agree with poor fellows also being insignificant. I don’t know that we will see that with the conscripts, but I could be wrong. I think the conscript “low cost” will be relative to the other NW units available. Stat wise similar to the Hunters, but melee focused.
    House - Ravenhurst

You're probably right, given that the night's watch has higher standards when it comes to fighters. They will likely have shitty morale though? I wonder if you'll be able to put vows on them (did they take their vows yet?)

Hhmmm. That’s an interesting thought. Removes them from a faction defining feature, but fits thematically. And would allow them to be balanced and priced without taking Vows into account. Which could help get that lower cost.
    House - Ravenhurst

I doubt they'll be like the Hunters, these guys are way too elite (8pts too), and they're rangers so they've taken their vows.

The conscripts could still get vows if let by a Night Watch Captain, but yeah we'll see...they might have gone for simplicity.

You’re correct about my initial comparison of the conscripts. Without the card in front of me, I miss-remembered the hunter’s stat line.

Let me instead say I expect them to have poor morale and defense, moderate attack, and potentially good mobility either through a good movement stat and/or ability. So a highly mobile melee unit, that won’t stand up to sustained combat.

I like the idea of them not having vows without an attachment. Continuing that thought, it could be thematic to give them an ability that buffs them up only when they have an attachment. Reflective of a band of thieves and what have you, with little conviction for the faction, but put together better with a true sworn brother there to keep them in line.
    House - Ravenhurst

CMON has posted an article on the Warrior’s Sons.

https://cmon.com/news/the-holy-warriors

Looks like a fairly well rounded unit that is built around passes morale checks to gain a edge when needed. I don’t play Lannister, but these are nice.
    House - Ravenhurst

They are very interesting in my opinion. Lannisters can have good defense but they lack stoic troops against panic and morale (outside Guard Captains), and these are rock solid.

1. Need a unit to put Tywin Lannister in? This unit will be "The Rock" to impart Lannister Supremacy from.

2. Never found a use for "The Hound" as an attachment? This is a great unit for him. The hound's fury is not a voluntary effect, the choice is mandatory so you CAN combine this with faith tokens, leading the Warrior's Sons to a potential of 7 dice a 2+ to hit, with sundering and vicious (!). This unit also become affiliated with House Clegane, so if you have The Mountain has your commander, it can benefit even more from his tactic cards. Even if you have the High Sparrow as your commander, his tactic cards will heal the self-inflicted wounds in addition to granting more faith tokens.

3. Obviously the elite unit for the High Sparrow, as they almost automatically gain the maximum bonus from his cards.

It's weaknesses is that early in the game it doesn't have faith to gain that +1 save, and its attack dice goes down very fast as they loose that first rank. To me, it indicates that this unit will require some form of healing, to extend its impact in the game. It's also 8pts + any attachments, so they are quite the investment.

Lastly, i am highly pleased so far with these new releases, because it seems that this game is resilient to power creep (crossing fingers, touching godswood)
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 03-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.

I agree. I think they have a done a good job so far of balancing the units so that there are uses for all of them. There aren’t clearly superior units across the same point cost level within a faction.
    House - Ravenhurst

Nymeria leading a tray of wolves - her wolf pack!

I had not thought of that!! That would be awesome!!
    House - Ravenhurst

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym84 View Post
    Nymeria leading a tray of wolves - her wolf pack!
    My friend just suggested a similar thought, wishing they would release a card that lets you field four of the Direwolves as a single unit on a cav tray.

Another character id like to see is a mounted version of the Hound, perhaps as a Neutral unit. I mean he’s the only character in the books whose horse has a name we know, and is talked about. Stranger deserves to be in the game. Lol
    House - Ravenhurst