Back from the dead WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back from the dead WIP

The knight has some beautiful material work going on...the shiny helmet and cloth textures are outstanding. I assume you will have this guy at Adepticon this week for us tolook at.

Thanks KB, it will definitely be at Adepticon. I got a sneak peak of a few other artist's bust CB entries this year and goddamn the competition will be ridiculous this year.

Here's where we're at, with only a few days left 'til Crystal Brush:

Speechless...the textures are amazing. I'd love to be able to see this in person. Awesome job! Best of luck at The Brush!

Go make me proud derek!!!!!!

This is a solid entry. I wish you the best.

It's a beautiful piece Derek.

The textural work on the tabard is absolutely spot on, as are the metals (specifically the gold work on the horse crest).

I'm not a huge fan of the reflective scenery approach, tend to think it takes away from the beutiful NMM work - but thats just my personal preference to that style of painting - you have nevertheless executed it all brilliantly.

What a return!

Thank you all, glad you like it! I took a photo against a white backdrop to test it since CB uses a light backdrop and not a dark one like I use. If I'm lucky enough to make the cut I think it should do well in the photos.

Exceptional! But I do not understand the sword crossguard, to it greatly differs in style from the other parts of the mini. Do you plan to work some more on it?

Some really impressive use of material here. Crossing fingers!

I worked on everything until about an hour before I handed it in. I kept the style of the crossguard the same but tried to soften the transitions of light and shadow.

The final pics are up on P&P right now, they should be on CMON later today.

This knight really looked awesome in the cabinet. Definitely work to be proud of.

Did I miss this in the CB voting or HOW did this NOT make the cut??? Honest here, I didn't see it in the voting, but it was all jacked up on my computer too. That helmet is simply amazing and the surcoat/tabard looks like you actually put velvet cloth on the figure

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Glad you like it.
    eki, there was no glitch, I didn't make the cut.

Superb bust you have here. I would be very proud should I ever be able to get a result like yours. Went to P&P and gave it what it deserves : gold!!!

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

Really outstanding work! Thumbs up!!!

You know my thoughts on “crystal shades” or “crystal broken” Orr “crystal BUST” this piece makes me consider possibly Venturi g i to NMM!!!

That is a shame. I honestly think that yours was better than quite a few I saw in the voting.