Chronicle of DaBeeb's - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chronicle of DaBeeb's

Lovely job on the smoke! And the rusty pieces that peek out from the cloak look great!

Helleluhia that is a tasty combo of red/green. . My favorite parts are the machine parts and the chainmail. As everything else up to a maximum par standard !!! Your skills are progressing exponentially. Nicely done !!!

Name:  IMG_0595 (1).jpg
Views: 134
Size:  95.8 KBName:  IMG_0596 (1).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  73.3 KB
    The start to my Everchosen entry...I've been meaning to paint this guy for a while anyway, and it just felt right for this. Credit to BaM and Toad, as the tutorial on Professor BaM's Weathering Techniques has come in real handy.

Missed the final pics of your Cerberus completely....definitely a stand out, watershed piece for you.

You should be really proud of it! Congratulations.

Good start on the Lord of Plagues as well...such a stone cold classic GW mini...tempted to paint another one myself

The Cerberus looks fantastic, lighting on it is really awesome!

Lord of Plagues looks promising!

I like the color combination of green and orange on the Lord of Plagues. I think that is going to make it stand out from other Nurgle minis which tend to stay with green and bone colors.

Awesome colours on your everchosen candidate.
    One week left... go go go!!!

Glad the article had been helpful. Your version of that great mini is coming along nicely. That combination of all the secondary colors is my favorite!

Newbie, please be gentle michaeldupage's Avatar

Really like your work. Your OSL is really great and you weathering too. Keep it up!

Name:  Raw Photo.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  266.7 KBName:  Raw Photo (2).jpg
Views: 92
Size:  306.5 KBName:  Raw Photo (1).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  296.5 KBName:  Raw Photo (3).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  289.3 KB
    Been working along on this one, getting ready for my 1st ever painting competition entry!

Thank you to everyone for all of the above compliments!

I feel a really dark vibe with this mini. Fantastic work!

Newbie, please be gentle michaeldupage's Avatar

Got damn thats nice

Lord of plagues is looking brilliant man, I had so much fun painting this figure, heaps of potential to mess around with things. Best of luck in competition

Seems like he’s a popular mini again. I’ve painted two and really enjoyed it both times. I really like your version, especially the armor! Good luck in the competition.

Looks great DaBeebs! I sometimes think everybody puts a lot (maybe too much?) of bright green on these guys, whereas your toned-down green and rust orange creates a very grimdark look. Awesome!

And good luck with the comp!

Really nice work mate, Typhus (it is him right) is excellent too. You're in a rich, yet disgusting, vein of form

Beginning stages of my next endeavor...Creature Caster Lord of Ruin intended for my Death Guard Army. Wife gifted it to me in February for my birthday, and now I'm feeling confident enough in my skill set to start on it. Mold lines/flashing cleaned. Smoothed out some rough spots. Tomorrow, I'm planning on filling the gaps. Again, I really like the Creature Caster lineup, I just wish the quality was on par with the the price point; I've got a less expensive model from Galapagos with much better fit and finish that will be my next big project.
    Name:  IMG_0611.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  637.8 KB
    Hope everyone is having an enjoyable week...Everchosen is on the horizon!

Thumbs up for the nurgle hero.
    All the best for the competition!!!

Name:  IMG_0615.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  27.1 KBName:  IMG_0616.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  26.8 KBName:  IMG_0617.jpg
Size:  26.2 KBName:  IMG_0618.jpg
Size:  26.2 KB
    Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend, and best of luck for all those entering in Everchosen!

Threw some base coats down on Mr. Nurgle tonight...tomorrow, I'll get some metallic down on the armor. Colors are way off in these photos, but it gives an idea of what's going on.