Target Off Table

Thread: Target Off Table

Default Target Off Table

So following 2 threads on the FB forum about Pycelle being able to put a weakened token on a combat umit that is off the table. ( Bryden Tullys Infitrators ) ?

Is this possible or must the target actually be on the table ?

Im not following that thread, so I don’t know the counter argument, but I would think that’s my unit not being on an active part of the play area would mean that they can neither target, nor be targeted.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

No, you cannot target units that are not on the battlefield.

EDIT: Sorry, i thought this was ruled somewhere, but now I cannot find it (as this is a topic the rulebook does not address).

Units that are not on the actual battlefield cannot be targeted by Abilities and/or effects, unless that effect would have specific wording to allow it to do so (of which there are none).
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Follow up question:
    If a unit is deployed "as their activation" can I play tactic card that trigger at "when a friendly/enemy combat unit activates"? If yes, can I target that unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Failix View Post
    Follow up question:
    If a unit is deployed "as their activation" can I play tactic card that trigger at "when a friendly/enemy combat unit activates"? If yes, can I target that unit?
    I would say no, as the unit did not activate (even if it's activation was unit, there is no "moment of activation" to trigger the tactic card).

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    I would say no, as the unit did not activate (even if it's activation was unit, there is no "moment of activation" to trigger the tactic card).
    I would agree. Not totally certain if "as their activation" is worded that way because the unit isn't on the table when it occurs, but I'd interpret it to mean they burn that activation to do so. As they're not on the table until after that occurs, they can't be targeted.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger