Greatjon and Greataxes question

Thread: Greatjon and Greataxes question

Default Greatjon and Greataxes question

Does his Fury order stack with their Mighty Cleave? Are not allowed Defense Saves the same as failed Defense Saves?

Mighty Cleave
    "For each failed Defense Save, the defender suffers 1 additional Hit from this attack (this does not repeat)."

Order: Fury of House Umber:
    "When this unit makes a Melee Attack, after Attack dice are rolled: This unit may re-roll any dice. Hits from rolls of 6 do not allow Defense Saves. This unit suffers D3 Wounds after this attack is completed."

-----------------------------

No, not allowing Defense Saves is not the same as failing a Defense Save.

There is no Defense Save being rolled, which is the trigger for Mighty Cleave's additional dice effect.
    Last edited by CMON Michael Shinall; 02-05-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Thanks, that's what I had thought but was being told otherwise. Appreciate the clarification.

ok, bumping this as I have another question.

Vulnerable....

Do the additional hits also benefit from re-rolls to the arm save due to the expenditure of the vulnerable token?

Nope, the token has already been expended by that point. If you somehow generate another token on the unit by then, then you could expend that token.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Mighty Cleave
    "For each failed Defense Save, the defender suffers 1 additional Hit from this attack (this does not repeat)."

Order: Fury of House Umber:
    "When this unit makes a Melee Attack, after Attack dice are rolled: This unit may re-roll any dice. Hits from rolls of 6 do not allow Defense Saves. This unit suffers D3 Wounds after this attack is completed."

-----------------------------

No, not allowing Defense Saves is not the same as failing a Defense Save.

There is no Defense Save being rolled, which is the trigger for Mighty Cleave's additional dice effect.
    I believe this would apply to Joffrey I am the King card as well then.

No defense dice are being rolled so no trigger, right?
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzu View Post
    I believe this would apply to Joffrey I am the King card as well then.

No defense dice are being rolled so no trigger, right?
    Partially. Only rolls of 6 do not allow saves. So if the attacker has scored a hit on a roll other than a 6, I Am the King! can be played.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Partially. Only rolls of 6 do not allow saves. So if the attacker has scored a hit on a roll other than a 6, I Am the King! can be played.
    Yesyes but a giant or a catapult no defense dice roll
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzu View Post
    Yesyes but a giant or a catapult no defense dice roll
    Oh! Yup, that follows.

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post

This is not correct.

Rolling Defense Dice is a Step in Resolving Attacks. Even if there are no dice to be rolled, or an Ability/Effect is replacing this, the step still occurs, even if nothing is happening during it. This is still important for exactly the reason listed here- timing window for effects (also noting that, even in the case of "Instead of rolling Defense Dice, do X, which is replacing the normal resolution with something else, the step would still have to occur to then be replaced).
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Ah, this would make it equivalent to the Panic Check test--still exists, even without a roll.

Shoulda known that. Would flaying the pinky be an acceptable punishment?

Exactly, defending all hits is an auto pass on panic test, which helps warrior sons accumulate faith token, or any other attachment or ability that benefit from passing panic test.