Champion of the Faith

Thread: Champion of the Faith

Default Champion of the Faith

Nothing like a rainy day to bring out a rainbow. Good way to spend a rainy day painting Champion of the Faith. Thanks for taking a look
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Centirion00; 02-05-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Very nice detail on the armor!
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Thanks, still can't get skin the way I want but it's all a process.

Totally understand, coming from someone who learns a lot by trial and error. Lol

My best skin results have come from starting with a color that’s darker than what I want in the end, dry brushing the lighter tone I do want over that, and then putting a slightly thinned wash over it. It makes the details pop, without worrying as much about brush placement and blending highlights.

I hope that’s helps get you what you’re looking for. If not, post what you’re doing and what effect you want, and I’m sure you’ll get plenty of tips on how to accomplish it.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Quote Originally Posted by AlxRaven View Post
    Totally understand, coming from someone who learns a lot by trial and error. Lol

My best skin results have come from starting with a color that’s darker than what I want in the end, dry brushing the lighter tone I do want over that, and then putting a slightly thinned wash over it. It makes the details pop, without worrying as much about brush placement and blending highlights.

I hope that’s helps get you what you’re looking for. If not, post what you’re doing and what effect you want, and I’m sure you’ll get plenty of tips on how to accomplish it.
    This is a solid approach. I have had to repaint many many faces. I don't bother with eyes either. At this scale they almost always look way out of proportion to the face.