Lannister and Stark Heroes 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lannister and Stark Heroes 2

Default Lannister and Stark Heroes 2

For those who did not see, the contents of Lannister Heroes 2 and Stark Heroes 2 have been spoil't! Personally am very excited for the Stark Heroes box. Expected release date is March 29th.

Lannister Heroes 2 is Joffrey Baratheon's Kingsguard, and includes eight models including Joffrey himself. Supposedly each member of the Kingsguard can be taken as their own attachment, though perhaps there will be special rules for fielding them all together. As Joffrey's Kingsguard, this will be after Barristan Selmy is forced to resign, and thus a second version of The Hound will likely be in the box as well. Other knights are up to speculation. Ser Mandon Moore could be in the box, but if it is the post-Blackwater Kingsguard then Ser Mandon would be slain (by Podrick, a hero I hope we see in the future!) and replaced by Ser Loras Tyrell. Perhaps here we will also see a one-handed Jaime with less combat prowess and perhaps more political acumen (maybe even as an NCU!).

Stark Heroes 2 is significantly more wild, as none of the models included could be considered "Regular" soldiers as many of the lords and ladies we have seen so far. Included is Rickon Stark (and Shaggydog, meaning a triple Direwolf army is now possible) as well an unannounced woman who I am assuming is Osha, Arya Stark, Jojen Reed, Meera Reed, and Syrio Forel. Syrio Forel struck me as waaaay out of left field but I am more excited by the dancing master joining the Stark ranks than any other hero. I am excited for Arya as well, though I hope they manage to make the notion of a elevenish year old girl fighting on a battlefield not feel ridiculous (ie low point cost and low impact). The Reeds should be cool as well, and hopefully they will have a rule that makes a unit they join be considered a Crannogman unit, making Daddy Howland a more appealing choice as a commander.

That is all I have for now. Night's Watch have a new unit coming that are "Night's Watch Conscripts," so presumably a 5 point (or perhaps even 4 point) unit for the otherwise-elite army and Wildlings have Cave Dwellers, which are a 5 point unit that gets stronger as the enemy loses ranks. Let me know your thoughts and potential ideas on unit abilities.

I'm hoping that Ser Loras is held in reserve for a Tyrell faction, although there could certainly be a Tyrell version and one for the kingsguard. And speaking of Tyrells, since the books are the basis, we may get to field Garland Tyrell, who supposedly outstrips the Knight of Flowers in some combat aspects!

Do you have a link for the conscripts? I don't recall seeing word of them. Unfortunately, I'd see them as fodder to soften up units before the veterans smash in to finish the job...
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Source is here: https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...ire-minis-game

Since the Night's Watch can spare no man, I would imagine "fodder" won't apply to any of their soldiers by design. Whether we use them that way is another story. Unfortunately I do not have any info on them besides a release date (they share the same date listed above: March 29th). They were announced by the Game Night #2 kit which contains alternate sculpts for Spear Wives and Conscripts (12x of the same sculpt for each respective model) so there will be at least four different sculpts in the unit, five if they have a banner bearer, six if they have a new attachment.

Loras could quite easily be a two faction model as we have seen that CMON is not against the idea now with Night's Watch and Free Folk. Garlan (I think it is Garlan not Garland) Tyrell would be rad as hell and I would be excited to see him represented in the game. He is I think four years Loras' senior and is a much more tempered man for it as well as a more viable commander for the army since Loras is young and headstrong. In the books we see Garlan raise a massive host to combat ironborn incursions and to press his claim for Brightwater Keep. He a cool dude.

arya and syrio !!! I could not be more pleased with that box. A fourth wolf is really great news too! I assume cold hands on the moose will be in the NW pack 1. I like the idea of the lannister set as well, building an army with jamie and other kings guard could be cool. I'm very interested in the wildlings right now, I haven't played with them yet I'm still painting, but i'm curious how the faction will grow as more come out.

NW Heroes 1 will almost assuredly have Qorin Halfhand and Coldhands in it but I don't have any special information for them. Gilly and Sam are both suspected to be in the box as well but that is just rumor.

I'm thinking Coldhands won't be in NW Heroes 1. Just going by pattern so far, Hero boxes 1 and 2 of Stark and Lannister are without mounted sculpts that we know are planned to be released one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    I'm thinking Coldhands won't be in NW Heroes 1. Just going by pattern so far, Hero boxes 1 and 2 of Stark and Lannister are without mounted sculpts that we know are planned to be released one day.
    I agree, and posted Box art appears to confirm. I think they haven’t quite settled on how to release the mounted characters yet.

As for the Kingsguard, I think it will be the OG line-up from GoT. Selmy (commander), Jaime, Moore, Greenfield, Blount, Trant, and Oakheart. Maybe Balon Swan, if they don’t want to give us a third Jaime yet. I also think Joffrey will be an NCU Commander. Possibly with abilities and cards that sacrifice defense and/figures for offense. He’s brash like that.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Some more spoilers from Facebook.

Name:  CA7FA66B-56C0-4042-9DA2-8DEBF42160BA.jpeg
Views: 1915
Size:  46.8 KB
    Had to figure this little runt was going to be an NCU. His ability is going to help trigger some of the bonus effects of Lannister tactics cards. I wonder what his own set will be like, as I imagine he’ll be a “Commander”.

Name:  023B9201-F2B5-473B-819B-3D769B997FFA.jpeg
Views: 2038
Size:  44.3 KB
    Units under Ser Barristan the Bold’s command are going to be tough to take down. If I played Lannister, I’d want as many units with Lannister Supremacy as I could get under his lead.
    House - Ravenhurst

Interesting. Without knowing what the abilities for the other Kingsguard are, you almost have to take Selmy and Joffrey together. Getting a Panicked token on units could be costly in the Feast for Crows scenario.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

I wonder if we will see units that actually become better with tokens on them.
    That could make joffrey even better. The crown bonusses in the basic lannister deck are ok.
    Maybey Cards from selmy will also have a crown bonus.

looking good, love the art

Newbie, please be gentle CypherCaliban's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedmanGamer View Post
    I wonder if we will see units that actually become better with tokens on them.
    That could make joffrey even better. The crown bonusses in the basic lannister deck are ok.
    Maybey Cards from selmy will also have a crown bonus.
    We'll see if we get a Selmy Commander. This one in particular is not though. I could see it going either way on whether we get one or not.

Facebook spoiler, initially posted in the wrong thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    House - Ravenhurst

Name:  DB19214C-39D5-4E9F-94D8-54F711CFD9DD.jpeg
Views: 1765
Size:  209.0 KBName:  AA0D079F-DEE3-4E45-8267-4DFC0E231668.jpeg
Views: 1765
Size:  207.8 KBFrom the website of ACD Distribution.

lol looks like khal drogo leading those cave men.

Shouldn't the warrior's sons have shields? (with the rainbow sword on it)

We now have more info about Joffrey and the Kingsguard. They can be fielded as a unit all their own, or each one as attachments.

https://cmon.com/news/the-king-marches-to-war
    House - Ravenhurst

I wonder if you can field the King's guard (as a full unit) without the king as commander. I would guess not, a bit like Eddard Stark's Honor Guard.

I really like how they didn't make him a joke at all, in fact, for all his shortcomings, the king is going to be really dangerous to face.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 03-01-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Let me be presenting the First Sword of Braavos, Syrio Forel!!

Name:  ED40F896-82D2-48C9-B6C1-EA6E1C78B3A7.jpeg
Views: 1327
Size:  19.3 KB
    Name:  1448A3E7-C930-48E3-B59D-5CC487EAD23A.jpeg
Views: 1237
Size:  41.4 KB

Im not sure what I was expecting from him, but seeing the ability, I dont know how I could have considered anything else. As a Stark player, I like him a lot. The only question for me is, which unit to put him on. He’ll be nice to have on a squishy unit, like the Bowmen, should they find themselves engaged. I could equally see him being frustrating on a tankier unit, such as the Sworn Shields. Just to make them that much harder to take out.
    House - Ravenhurst

I think he really goes well with the Sworn Shields, to compliment their defensive suite...there is certainly something fitting about Tully Fishes and Water Dancing.

However any unit could benefit from this. I can see Berserkers getting this, although from a thematic point of view...i don't see Syrio Forel in there at all. I wouldn't put him in a bowmen unit, as they gain too much from having a Crannogman Warden should you have the points for an attachment. They are all about offense, really, and that -16% hit chance might not be enough to save the bowmen