Does anyone know how I can recreate the grimy look and feel of the forge world thunde

Thread: Does anyone know how I can recreate the grimy look and feel of the forge world thunde

Default Does anyone know how I can recreate the grimy look and feel of the forge world thunde

Does anyone know how I can recreate the grimy look and feel and engine burn and greasy look to the metal of the new thunderhawk on forge world? I want to recreate it on my imperial fists aircraft and tanks and my death korp tanks and troops to make them look like they have been fighting on a forge world for more than 9 years. I also want to do other space marine chapters to include in my army for the apocalypse style gaming with trying to create a massive army of over 20 thousand space marine troops plus tanks as well as death korp regiment. At the moment I have 5000 space marines plus primaris space marines and 2000 death korp troops. I also want to recreate the worn down ramps and greasy look of the guns as well as the streaky oily and dirty techniques that i can replicate on my imperial tanks and flyers and troops as well as the exists and metal grateings? Would really appreciate it as well as paints and weathering powders and weathering techniques I can employ.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I think GW/FW mainly use their Typhus Corrosion for that grease/oil effect (and maybe some black wash).

For a more comprehensive guide to weathering you could try and track down the (now out of print) Imperial Armour - Masterclass book 1 from Forge World.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Thank you for giving me advice games workshop are useless at giving advice.

Try some of the military modelling products. They are used to recreate very realistic effects on models. If you want to recreate grimy oily metals then think about a grease or fuel stain product. There are also bottles of dust deposits and dirts. Washes to create anything you can virtually think of. Plus panel line washes and burnt effects on exhausts. Mig Ammo, Mig and AK Interactive are some decent brands. A majority of these are enamel based but that’s no draw back. They will not affect your acrylic paint job at all. Best part is that if you make a mistake you just wipe it off with a cotton bud with a little odourless thinner or turps.
    You can get very similar acrylic products from Vallejo however I personally don’t like using them. I find the enamel based stuff so much easier to work with. But that’s just my ten cents worth.