Tully's 'Ride-by Attack'

Thread: Tully's 'Ride-by Attack'

Default Tully's 'Ride-by Attack'

I know there has been some discussion about this but I just wanted to clarify the charge attack. If the cavalry unit marches through an enemy unit and stops two inches behind them (for argument's sake) - they stay there and roll dice as if they had charged (and this is an exception to the requirement that they have to be engaged to perform a melee attack)? They don't actually charge the unit, as in physically move into base contact? I played it the second way which I now think is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SkepticGuy View Post
    I know there has been some discussion about this but I just wanted to clarify the charge attack. If the cavalry unit marches through an enemy unit and stops two inches behind them (for argument's sake) - they stay there and roll dice as if they had charged (and this is an exception to the requirement that they have to be engaged to perform a melee attack)? They don't actually charge the unit, as in physically move into base contact? I played it the second way which I now think is wrong.
    The first portion is correct--you're performing a March through an enemy unit. Once you've finished the March, you roll a Charge Attack even if you are not engaged. This is to simulate the damage dealt out by running your cavalry through the unit, and to get some distance between your cavalry and the enemy.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger