Naive Noob Notebook (My Dark Angels Progress Log)

Thread: Naive Noob Notebook (My Dark Angels Progress Log)

Default Naive Noob Notebook (My Dark Angels Progress Log)

So this is my first attempt at putting an army together. I find the lore fasinating and really want to field and army. First up is my Primaris Lieutenant. After lots of reading and way too much time on ebay/GW I placed an order for a Dark Angels themed army. First to arrive were some bits and a Lieutenant model. I didn't want to stray too far from the build guide provided with the model, however I am a tinker and love to make things custom/my own. Feel free to roast me on any glaring mistake pitfalls you may identify on this and other models to follow. Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Name:  PrimarisZakariah.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  131.8 KBName:  20190224_024943.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  319.1 KB

Blog Entries

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for good advice and bad jokes. Now, some practical points:
    1) I dig the conversion. I like it better than the stock Zacharias(?), and conversions automatically make things cooler anyway.
    2) If you plan to field them on the tabletop, be very certain you’re legal before you glue & paint them. It will spare you much angst. I strongly recommend the app BattleScribe. If you can build it on there, it’s legal.
    3) This DA painting tutorial might come in handy, if you’ll pardon the self-promotion!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 02-25-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for good advice and bad jokes. Now, soome practical points:
    1) I dig the conversion. I like it better than the stock Zacharias(?), and conversions automatically make things cooler anyway.
    2) If you plan to field them on the tabletop, be very certain you’re legal before you glue & paint them. It will spare you much angst. I strongly recommend the app BattleScribe. If you can build it on there, it’s legal.
    3) This DA painting tutorial might come in handy, if you’ll pardon the self-promotion!
    From BattleScribe:

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 79pts]
    . Primaris Lieutenant [5 PL, 79pts]: Heavenfall Blade [4pts], Plasma pistol [5pts]

I know the banner isn't within guidelines but all my "HQ/Characters" Will have them for fluff sakes. Beyond that I feel he is WYSIWYG, thoughts? Interesting choice on the skin town for you DA Kill team member. Looking a little Fallen.... *reaches for Plasma Incinerator*.

Greetings! Off to a great start and welcome to the hobby/lifestyle? Only thing i would recommend would be filing or sanding the bottom end of the shoulder pad of his sword arm to clean it up a tad before painting. Once paint is on it’s a lot harder to hide cuts and mould lines but you can still do it with varnish and a few other things i’m sure, it’s just a pain in the ass is all. Looking great though!

Cool idea, and props for jumping in with conversion. I look forward to seeing where you take it!