Lannister Halberdiers Painting

Thread: Lannister Halberdiers Painting

Default Lannister Halberdiers Painting

So I started to paint up my Lannister's this weekend. Interestingly I primed them all black and then instantly thought that was a bad thing however it has worked out really well with the red on the cloak etc. They still need a little touching up and basing but not a bad start
    Name:  20190303_221129.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  557.6 KB

They look good! I’m always a little worried to use black primer. I tried a green once for orcs that worked out well for the most part, but was hard to cover with some colors. So I’m concerned black would be even worse. Your work is giving me hope to give it a shot.

BTW. What red did you go with for them?
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Cheers buddy. Yeah it was a risk I took from a lot of research etc and it paid off. I used a watered down Chaotic Red (army painter) for a couple of coats then dry brushed Mephiston Red (Citadel) over the top to make the raised edges pop. Seems to worked out well.

I agree. It’s a good combination, and helped the details pop more.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

I will take some better pictures etc.

I primed my Lannisters red and that is as far as I have gotten. The black worked great for you! It always seems to help silver metallics to have a black undercoat.

Yeah it does indeed, I wanted the red to be darker rather than it popping and having to tone it down with a wash and although it took a while to get where I wanted it I think it payed off.