savage giants

Thread: savage giants

Default savage giants

hi got a question for the giants

if a got commander tormond and the giant get +2 dice for the successfull charge. i roll 3 attack dice. when i do get 3 hits do i get 3 d3+1 wound on the enemy ????

seems preety hard and sounds to good to be true

thx for helping

You're right, it would be far too good to be true

In fact you only trigger the giant's rule once.

That's because the rule for the giant's Mighty Swing is "if this attack generates any hits" so it doesn't matter if you hit once or more.

The only thing +2 dice does is increase the odds of the attack to score a hit for Mighty Swing to trigger.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 03-30-2019 at 02:56 PM.

My brain is hurting from this issue that came up today: how does the Tully sworn shields rule ‘block D3 hits’ interact with giants’ attacks? Sorry if I’m being stupid or if it’s already been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by rkesterton View Post
    My brain is hurting from this issue that came up today: how does the Tully sworn shields rule ‘block D3 hits’ interact with giants’ attacks? Sorry if I’m being stupid or if it’s already been answered.
    The giant's attack ability will trigger as soon as it scores a hit.

The Tully Sworn shields ability would also trigger, but in this case it is futile: blocking a hit doesn't prevent the hit from being scored, it only prevent the hit to proceed to the next steps ( defense saves and then wounds)

The giant's mighty strike bypass that because it triggers automatically if you score a hit.

Mind you, if the giant was affected by a "cancel all abilities for this unit" effect, they'd loose their special rule and then the single hit could effectively be blocked by tully's Sworn shields. This makes giants especially vulnerable to this kind of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    The giant's attack ability will trigger as soon as it scores a hit.

The Tully Sworn shields ability would also trigger, but in this case it is futile: blocking a hit doesn't prevent the hit from being scored, it only prevent the hit to proceed to the next steps ( defense saves and then wounds)

The giant's mighty strike bypass that because it triggers automatically if you score a hit.

Mind you, if the giant was affected by a "cancel all abilities for this unit" effect, they'd loose their special rule and then the single hit could effectively be blocked by tully's Sworn shields. This makes giants especially vulnerable to this kind of effect.
    Thank you for the answer. This makes sense. Now I need to find a stark card that cancels abilities.

So the giant causes wounds and not hits that canbe blocked, just to be sure.... for us there is a distinction between hits and wounds, wounds are unsavable

Any hits (no matter how many) from the giant's attack ability will trigger its effect, causing direct wounds thus cannot be blocked by defense saves. I believe Joffrey Baratheon, First of his name, has the only card which can prevent straight wounds at the moment.

Mind you, nothing prevents you from rolling saves for triggers either (like riposte), but it won't prevent the Mighty strike from occurring.