Does suffering hits or wounds outside of an attack action cause a panic test?

Thread: Does suffering hits or wounds outside of an attack action cause a panic test?

Default Does suffering hits or wounds outside of an attack action cause a panic test?

So this came up the other day in a game.

Scenario: A tactics card is played that states 'causes d3' wounds' (eg Roose Boltons - Calculated Cruelty). All the triggers are met and it is not an attack action.
    Do the wounds suffered cause a panic (or morale) test?

We were not completely certain on this. I foresee two options.
    1. The rules are very specific, and if it does not mention a panic test, then there is no panic test. In this case any hits/wounds are in complete isolation and we just move on.

2. An effect/tactic card/etc, which cause d3 hits/wounds etc, 'short-cuts' the attack action process. So it simply starts the attack process at the point indicated on the card. So we play out the hits/defense saves/wounds/panic test (as applicable).

Thoughts or clarifications on this?

Thanks

GR

Thanks for the response. That's what we thought we be the case.

Is there any I can refer to when calling it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by GuessRange View Post
    Thanks for the response. That's what we thought we be the case.

Is there any I can refer to when calling it that way?
    Because the rules specifically tell you when to do things.

They do not tell you to take a Panic Test any time other than resolving an Attack or when something tells you to, so you do not.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

So when a unit receives wounds from the Veterans of the Watch "Order: Counterattack", that unit doesn´t have to take a panic test?

Correct. Order: Counterattack is NOT an attack action, nor does it instruct to take a panic test. Therefore, no panic.

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply, I understand that the key word here is that it has to be an Attack "ACTION", understood.