Jaime / Ygritte VS Joffrey / Rickon

Thread: Jaime / Ygritte VS Joffrey / Rickon

Default Jaime / Ygritte VS Joffrey / Rickon

Helping out with a discussion elsewhere, looking for an official response, but banter is fun too.

Can Jaime kill these kids?:

1. Rickon
    A) when hes with Osha
    B) when hes alone
    2. Joffrey
    A) in Kingsguard Unit
    B) in any other unit

Can Ygritte kill these kids?:

3. Rickon
    A) when hes with Osha
    B) when hes alone
    4. Joffrey
    A) in Kingsguard unit
    B) in any other unit
    Thanks!
    Last edited by TheRedGod; 05-08-2019 at 11:44 AM.

I guess Jaime killing children isnt that much of a topic starter.....

My interpretation is that Jaime and Ygritte could kill them both in all instances. Their ability overriding. I think the “always the last figured destroyed” bit is for instances of multiple attachments.

That being said. Thematically I could see Jaime lunge for Rickon, only for Osha to throw herself in the way...
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Still wondering about this one...

The text of those cards is effectively reminder text (as the Core Rules already dictate that Attachments are the last models removed).

Any Ability and/or effect that specifically allows them to be targeted out and/or killed overrides this (via it's own effect wording).

Jaime and Ygritte are not above killing kids... As has actually been displayed more times than one should be comfortable with
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

In the case of Rickon...would you get the "additional" VP for doing so? The wording seems to indicate the need to eliminate the unit rather than just Rickon, unlike Joffrey whose ruling is worded differently.

Thematically i see as if Rickon is worth more alive than dead and must be "captured" rather than just killed....but i'd like to know for sure.

Text on the card states that the Unit must be destroyed, not the Attachment.

Sorry, but killing the valuable captive won't net you any additional Victory Points... Killing Joffrey though? That's an accomplishment.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Text on the card states that the Unit must be destroyed, not the Attachment.

Sorry, but killing the valuable captive won't net you any additional Victory Points... Killing Joffrey though? That's an accomplishment.
    I really like that you took the time to create that nuance within the rules.