Pivot

Thread: Pivot

Default Pivot

If Im wrong, please let me know
    1) I can pivot and finish the pivot on an * friendly * and then move.
    2) I can pivot on an * enemy * but not finish the pivot on it.
    3) I can not pivot if during the swing I touch * terrain * impasable or the edge table

Thanks

Add the caveat that you are talking about a pivot that is incorporated with a move after it, and yes, you are correct.

I would also like to remind you (and anyone else) that the pivot as part of a charge action is not considered incorporated into the forward movement of the charge action. Specifically, there's the rolling of the charge distance dice that occurs between the two.

Michael talks about it here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...l=1#post871530

Quote Originally Posted by Maqui View Post
    If Im wrong, please let me know
    1) I can pivot and finish the pivot on an * friendly * and then move.
    2) I can pivot on an * enemy * but not finish the pivot on it.
    3) I can not pivot if during the swing I touch * terrain * impasable or the edge table

Thanks
    Hi all,
    I think the point 3 is being misundertanding

- You cannot do the image 1 which is that the END of your pivot is touching the impasable terrain (terrain piece or edge of table)
    - However you can do the image 2 which means you pivot and the END of your pivot in not touching any impasable terrain. Because if the second were not possible that would mean that the unit is stuck for the rest of the game.

Name:  pivot.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  6.6 KB

It is not being misunderstood. And yes, in your image 2 the unit that is flush against the edge of the board would be stuck there. Good thing you know not to allow that to happen to your units.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    It is not being misunderstood. And yes, in your image 2 the unit that is flush against the edge of the board would be stuck there. Good thing you know not to allow that to happen to your units.
    Sorry, but I disagree, in the image two I am not moving into or through an impasible terrain, therefore the pivot two as far as I know is legal

Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    I would also like to remind you (and anyone else) that the pivot as part of a charge action is not considered incorporated into the forward movement of the charge action. Specifically, there's the rolling of the charge distance dice that occurs between the two.

Michael talks about it here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...l=1#post871530
    I'm not sure how to read this, so I just in case copy paste this from the latest rule book: All steps of a Charge are treated as a single move.
    Last edited by Fronx; 05-11-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juard View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree, in the image two I am not moving into or through an impasible terrain, therefore the pivot two as far as I know is legal
    Point two is also Illegal. To pivot like so, your tray must have been over the impassable terrain when you pivoted it. Unless you have some dimensional portal gun, that you can just teleport a tray from position to other. In pivot, Tray center must be hold in place, and then Tray pivoted either direction (clockwise or counterclockwise). Thus, cannot pivot without the Tray hovering over the impassable terrain during the pivot move (which counts as a move if done alone).

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    I'm not sure how to read this, so I just in case copy paste this from the latest rule book: All steps of a Charge are treated as a single move.
    Oh. Sorry. Just reread that.

Well, if so many people says that, you must be right. But I must insist that it seems to me, senseless, that a unit who is in front of the edge is stuck for the rest of the game. I always assumed that it was like with a enemy unit (you can pivot through it, as long as you don't finish your pivot on it), but I accept it, even when I feel right now, like
    Name:  IMG_20190511_212852.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  91.6 KB

There was a very long thread about this pretty recently, so the outcome of this is still pretty fresh in our minds.

It's been officially confirmed--impassible terrain cannot be moved through, pivoted through, or otherwise interacted with. Ever.

Not even a little.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

Man this caused a massive issue not so long ago and I was the driving force behind it.

I was wrong. And you simply can't pivot throught impassable terrain so in image 2 that unit is stuck , end of story.
    The only way you can get it free is if an enemy engages in your flank! And then you change facing!

Trust me, I got a validation from the Devs of the game (through spamming till they answered and I'm not proud of myself...)
    Long story short I was wrong .

So yeah it may seem weird and none sensical but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple hyena View Post
    Man this caused a massive issue not so long ago and I was the driving force behind it.

I was wrong. And you simply can't pivot throught impassable terrain so in image 2 that unit is stuck , end of story.
    The only way you can get it free is if an enemy engages in your flank! And then you change facing!

Trust me, I got a validation from the Devs of the game (through spamming till they answered and I'm not proud of myself...)
    Long story short I was wrong .

So yeah it may seem weird and none sens]ical but it is what it is.
    Now you are allowed to pivot throught impassable but not ending over it.

Name:  Screenshot_20190601-131633_Xodo Docs.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  84.7 KB
    Last edited by Maqui; 06-01-2019 at 07:18 AM.

New Errata.

Purple hyena. As much as a few of us were really pushing in the community that the rules ARE a certain way. Does not mean that is the best way for the rules to be. It is ultimately best for everyone to play by the same rules. Even if they are not ideal. But the rules have been updated to be improved.

Don't get me wrong... I wanted the pivot to function in that way. I'm just upset over the pain and suffering that happened because of this.
    Anyway I'm happy about the change... But annoyed at the same time ... If that makes sense

Additionally, Palisades, the only terrain piece with that keyword, is also destructible. So if you really, really, want to move through it, you can blow an Attack action to remove it.

After you're done pivoting over it, naturally.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger