Color test figure for King's Guard!

Thread: Color test figure for King's Guard!

Default Color test figure for King's Guard!

I have been having a LOT of fun painting the King's Guard! Here's a color test figure, so that I could do some painting tutorials based on it.

I also have a video that shows how I prime my Song of Ice and Fire units, which you can check out here:https://youtu.be/5pfwjapw98A

Name:  Post B 2.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  390.7 KBName:  Post B 3.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  330.3 KBName:  Post B 5.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  370.6 KB

He looks fantastic, as always. While the NMM style is not for me, I do appreciate how it looks, and the talent needed to pull it off.
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

Thanks!! Yeah, this one was very tricky, because on one had I was told to paint it as "porcelain", but the armor references I could find from the show clearly showed metal. To make things more complicated, the art on the cards showed more of an alabaster look!

Very confusing! ;-)

Understandable. The look from the show versus the look from the books are vastly different for just about everyone. It can be nice, as a fan of one or the other, or both, to have some options available to you for inspiration. But I can definitely see how it would be weird coming into it from the outside.

The metal armor in the books see a good bit of enameled coloring for the high end House associated stuff. Brienne’s is blue, Loras’ is green, etc. The Kingsguard are all white, as they set aside their House when they take the position. So it sounds like the person that gave you the first suggestion was a fan of the books. They changed it for the show to only be white cloaks. Maybe the all white armor just didn’t look right on camera...

Either way, you painting still look great!
    House - Ravenhurst

Thanks! Yeah, there's lots of competing info , but the game is definitely meant to reflect the books. These are so much fun to paint, as are all the Song of Ice and fire minis!!

I agree. They’ve been a blast!
    House - Ravenhurst

Basing the Cave Dwellers now, so that should be fun!

The figure is awesome, of course, but also quite the job on his base.

Many thanks! The Lion Theme texture roller has been really amazing for getting the units and the trays to become mobile dioramas :-)