Baratheon Starter set?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Baratheon Starter set?

  1. #1

    Default Baratheon Starter set?

    Miniature Market has a Baratheon starter set listed in the preorders.

    https://www.miniaturemarket.com/cmnsif008.html

    Does anyoehve an info on this? Was there announcement or leak?

  2. #2

    Default

    Yep. This was spotted in the Asmodee distribution list. No indication yet of contents or timescale. The expansion set of stag knights might suggest the starter set is all infantry, or with some war machine included?

  3. #3

    Default

    This was announced to retailers at the GAMA trade show about a month ago. Hopefully we'll hear more concrete information at CMoN Expo.

  4. #4

    Default

    I am a simple guy. I see a Baratheon set on preorder, I preorder a Baratheon set.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    I am a simple guy. I see a Baratheon set on preorder, I preorder a Baratheon set.
    Ha! I am considering it, but Want the Lannister Heroes 2 and Stark Heroes 2 sets this month. Maybe the Conscripts too.

  6. #6

    Default

    the box art has leaked on instagram looks great

  7. #7

    Default

    My friend just shared them with me. Guess this confirms both Stannis and Renly in the starter.

    Name:  1593079F-3870-4460-B439-F427D3389DFF.jpeg
Views: 4814
Size:  147.7 KB
    Name:  766410FE-734F-4978-8900-554CCF480BED.jpeg
Views: 4959
Size:  128.8 KB
    House - Ravenhurst
    Sigil - Black raven on a copper field, clutching paintbrushes
    Words - “We do not Highlight”

  8. #8

    Default

    That looks awesome!

    What Instagram account are those from?

  9. #9

    Default Baratheons

    From a scree capture on Dakka.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10

    Default Stag Knights

    Stag Knights
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #11

    Default

    Those models are the Wardens, not Stag Knights (except of course for the Stag Knight Noble haha).

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    Those models are the Wardens, not Stag Knights (except of course for the Stag Knight Noble haha).
    Oh, cool. Ok. So still have the stagknights to look forward to.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokestack View Post
    Oh, cool. Ok. So still have the stagknights to look forward to.
    Yes this is looking like a very cool faction. Michael Shinall also said the archers/missile units for House Baratheon would be more awesome than we could imagine. Haha I don't know what that could mean? But excited to find out.

  14. #14

    Default

    I can't wait for the baratheons to come out...but there's one itch: The Stag Knights

    The stag knights look very odd...stag antlers on a full helm belongs to high fantasy more than anything. ASoIF usually doesn't go overboard with fantastic stuff, even though it does have magical creatures, but these guys seems like they are dressed for a joust, tournament or parade, not battle. Antlers, horns, spikes...whatever ornament you put on a helmet will make it less practical. One blow on the antlers and these guys are down with a serious neck injury. I know we're playing games of a fantasy world, but so far most units were remotely "practical" in their means and fashion. Antlers are really off.

    Also, why all warhammers? I know it was Robert's weapon of choice but that's a ruler's prerogative, and likely an exception due to his particular strength . Are Stag Knights mentioned anywhere in the books? I could see Robert forming a group of them to "impersonate" his style, but Stannis? Renly? Mmm

    That said, i'll still buy the set and all, but the knights might loose the antlers quickly.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    I can't wait for the baratheons to come out...but there's one itch: The Stag Knights

    The stag knights look very odd...stag antlers on a full helm belongs to high fantasy more than anything. ASoIF usually doesn't go overboard with fantastic stuff, even though it does have magical creatures, but these guys seems like they are dressed for a joust, tournament or parade, not battle. Antlers, horns, spikes...whatever ornament you put on a helmet will make it less practical. One blow on the antlers and these guys are down with a serious neck injury. I know we're playing games of a fantasy world, but so far most units were remotely "practical" in their means and fashion. Antlers are really off.

    Also, why all warhammers? I know it was Robert's weapon of choice but that's a ruler's prerogative, and likely an exception due to his particular strength . Are Stag Knights mentioned anywhere in the books? I could see Robert forming a group of them to "impersonate" his style, but Stannis? Renly? Mmm

    That said, i'll still buy the set and all, but the knights might loose the antlers quickly.
    In the books various knights have really wild designs on top of helmets as crests, or even the design themselves (just look at the Hound). Particularly in the prequel novel about Ser Duncan the regalia of knights can be almost anything, and often doesn't seem that practical. I know you mention jousting, but that's basically battle in some cases in the novels so I don't distinguish between the two as far as practicality.

    I don't recall the stag knights mentioned in the books, though I haven't read the first three in a while now.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    In the books various knights have really wild designs on top of helmets as crests, or even the design themselves (just look at the Hound). Particularly in the prequel novel about Ser Duncan the regalia of knights can be almost anything, and often doesn't seem that practical. I know you mention jousting, but that's basically battle in some cases in the novels so I don't distinguish between the two as far as practicality.

    I don't recall the stag knights mentioned in the books, though I haven't read the first three in a while now.
    Very interesting. Indeed when jousting, dueling, for ceremonial or social events, anything goes and displaying an impressive helm can work. For sure, one of the oaths of the Stag Knights include that they shall not turn their heads while marching with their unit, shall not enter doors, and are prohibited from walking any sort of bush or forest. Squires are also prohibited from drying wet underwear or cooking meat using the antlers. Fishing nets are considered dangerous goods near the stag knights camp.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 06-03-2019 at 01:09 PM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    I can't wait for the baratheons to come out...but there's one itch: The Stag Knights

    The stag knights look very odd...stag antlers on a full helm belongs to high fantasy more than anything. ASoIF usually doesn't go overboard with fantastic stuff, even though it does have magical creatures, but these guys seems like they are dressed for a joust, tournament or parade, not battle. Antlers, horns, spikes...whatever ornament you put on a helmet will make it less practical. One blow on the antlers and these guys are down with a serious neck injury. I know we're playing games of a fantasy world, but so far most units were remotely "practical" in their means and fashion. Antlers are really off.

    Also, why all warhammers? I know it was Robert's weapon of choice but that's a ruler's prerogative, and likely an exception due to his particular strength . Are Stag Knights mentioned anywhere in the books? I could see Robert forming a group of them to "impersonate" his style, but Stannis? Renly? Mmm

    That said, i'll still buy the set and all, but the knights might loose the antlers quickly.
    I understand our argument, an wont make light of it, but in a game where there are dire wolves, giants, and eventually undead and dragons I think the fantasy level is high enough to support helmet antlers.

    I like the look of the art. I am super on board with these.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokestack View Post
    I understand our argument, an wont make light of it, but in a game where there are dire wolves, giants, and eventually undead and dragons I think the fantasy level is high enough to support helmet antlers.

    I like the look of the art. I am super on board with these.
    I knew you'd bring the usual "but it's a world with dragons" thing...and i'll leave it at that.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    I knew you'd bring the usual "but it's a world with dragons" thing...and i'll leave it at that.
    Excellent counterpoint..

    But seriously, if the antlers ruin your immersion then I get that.. if the other things that you will leave don't then I get that too... I find it a little weird, but I wont rain on what you like in the game.... but this IS a fantasy game, not a historical game... so I personally hope they don't tone down the fantastic.
    Last edited by Smokestack; 06-03-2019 at 09:09 PM.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokestack View Post
    Excellent counterpoint..

    But seriously, if the antlers ruin your immersion then I get that.. if the other things that you will leave don't then I get that too... I find it a little weird, but I wont rain on what you like in the game.... but this IS a fantasy game, not a historical game... so I personally hope they don't tone down the fantastic.
    We managed to get them to change "Stark Longbowmen" to "Stark Bowmen" , so they did care about some of history's lesson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->