Targaryen Faction Announced!!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Targaryen Faction Announced!!

  1. #1

    Default Targaryen Faction Announced!!

    Pics to come in a moment.

    -Fully mounted starter set
    -Dothraki focused

    -Dragons will be part of faction, in various stages of growth.

    Name:  dothraki 1.jpg
Views: 1814
Size:  20.4 KB

    Name:  dothraki 2.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  20.4 KB
    Last edited by caladancid; 05-31-2019 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    These look good. I will definitely get this starter. Dani looks great too.

  3. #3

    Default

    Dragons!
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Dragons!
    Don't worry they will add laser guided scorpions to the game around the same time! (too soon??)

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caladancid View Post
    Don't worry they will add laser guided scorpions to the game around the same time! (too soon??)
    You need a Euron attachment for that, I believe.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    You need a Euron attachment for that, I believe.
    Ha! True.

    One interesting thing I forgot to add was during the stream, they said that Dany would not be a commander in the starter box since at that time her character wasn't commanding anything.

  8. #8

    Default

    I’m in love with this faction already. The idea of an all mounted force as a starting point brings so much strategic nuance to the game. Combine this with her other later forces, such as unsullied, brazen beasts and mercenary companies and you have so much potential for the faction. I imagine we will see Missandei, Ser Barristan Selmy, Grey Worm, Hero, Jhogo, Admiral Groleo, Skahaz mo Kandaq, Fat Belwas, Grey Worm, etc. as NCUs, commanders and attachments in the future too.

  9. #9

    Default

    With the targaryens announced, it i am happy to see the scope that the game is taking on. We have many factions but some questions remain on a few of them:

    Others/White Walkers
    Tyrell
    Greyjoy
    Martel

    I believe the Night King and his army are bound to come. They present too many opportunities for refreshing rules and are certainly the most important antagonists of the whole setting. Apart from the Night King, there aren't many individuals known for attachments and commander selection, and i doubt they'll follow standard rules for NCUs (perhaps they'll have their own zones with unique effects). That said overall, it's a great candidate for a full faction.

    The Tyrells are certainly a key player in the War of 5 Kings, but with the role of Kingmaker...and they do change loyalties. They have numerous known characters for commanders/NCUs and attachments. Also their army was very large. Given the time period when the game is set, it is curious that they haven't been showcased or spoken of at all yet. Still, there's too much material for them not to appear at a point. Also, while they behaved a bit like mercenaries, i think it wouldn't fit them to be fielded in the Neutral faction.

    The Greyjoys present design challenges, and might have to be put into the Neutral faction unless they find a way to represent the impact of their fleet on land battles. Even then if these tactics work for raids, i doubt they could stand vs one of the current faction (on land of course).

    Of the Martel, none could know...and one can only hope.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 06-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    With the targaryens announced, it i am happy to see the scope that the game is taking on. We have many factions but some questions remain on a few of them:

    Others/White Walkers
    Tyrell
    Greyjoy
    Martel

    I believe the Night King and his army are bound to come. They present too many opportunities for refreshing rules and are certainly the most important antagonists of the whole setting. Apart from the Night King, there aren't many individuals known for attachments and commander selection, and i doubt they'll follow standard rules for NCUs (perhaps they'll have their own zones with unique effects). That said overall, it's a great candidate for a full faction.

    Game is 100% based on the books, where there is no Night King, at all. He is an invention of the HBO series. In full, there have been maybe 3 instances of The Others at all in the books, so I doubt we're going to get a faction for them.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Game is 100% based on the books, where there is no Night King, at all. He is an invention of the HBO series. In full, there have been maybe 3 instances of The Others at all in the books, so I doubt we're going to get a faction for them.
    Agreed, this was brought up in the stream of the Expo. I could see an army of the dead, if Winds of Winter comes out before the game expands enough to look at that army, but I doubt it.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMeinecke55 View Post
    Agreed, this was brought up in the stream of the Expo. I could see an army of the dead, if Winds of Winter comes out before the game expands enough to look at that army, but I doubt it.
    Thanks for that, i'm not that far in the books so i had assumed that the show would at least follow this. Seems not!

    Then what do you think of Tyrells?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
    Thanks for that, i'm not that far in the books so i had assumed that the show would at least follow this. Seems not!

    Then what do you think of Tyrells?
    I think that the Tyrells will be a Neutral faction, since the Expo made it sound like Loras and other Reach troops will be with Renly, and the Florent lord is in the starter set. Much like the Boltons and any Freys that may come, Tyrells is one of the best Neutral options from the books, even if they grow to a position of nearing their own faction status.

    And not to delve too far deep, but the showrunners stated they created the Night King to give the Army of the Dead a 'general' to give viewers a face to focus on rather than random zombies.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMeinecke55 View Post
    I think that the Tyrells will be a Neutral faction, since the Expo made it sound like Loras and other Reach troops will be with Renly, and the Florent lord is in the starter set. Much like the Boltons and any Freys that may come, Tyrells is one of the best Neutral options from the books, even if they grow to a position of nearing their own faction status.

    And not to delve too far deep, but the showrunners stated they created the Night King to give the Army of the Dead a 'general' to give viewers a face to focus on rather than random zombies.
    I still wished we had green miniatures for the Tyrells :P

  15. #15

    Default

    the tyrells got to be neutral they fight for so many different factions through out the story. and they dont have pov chapters

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkesterton View Post
    I’m in love with this faction already. The idea of an all mounted force as a starting point brings so much strategic nuance to the game. Combine this with her other later forces, such as unsullied, brazen beasts and mercenary companies and you have so much potential for the faction. I imagine we will see Missandei, Ser Barristan Selmy, Grey Worm, Hero, Jhogo, Admiral Groleo, Skahaz mo Kandaq, Fat Belwas, Grey Worm, etc. as NCUs, commanders and attachments in the future too.
    Yeah they sort of discussed Unsullied during the expo. According to Shinall "it would be a shame" if they didn't appear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->