New Units for existing factions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Units for existing factions?

Quote Originally Posted by wyvern_72 View Post
    I would love to see House Arryn. However, they weren't really active during War of the Five Kings. They are one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms though which I think is deserving of being featured in a starter.
    My hope is that Winds of Winter will be released this year and CMON can have a depiction of House Arryn's forces to use for a Neutral force in future releases. Unfortunately, I don't see a starter for them, especially since House Tully werent a starter force.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeinecke55 View Post
    My hope is that Winds of Winter will be released this year...
    I'd love to see House Arryn as well, but WoW isn't going to be released this year. GRRM isn't done writing it.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    I'd love to see House Arryn as well, but WoW isn't going to be released this year. GRRM isn't done writing it.
    I never said it was a valid, possible hope haha! I'm curious as well, as to other Tully/Riverlands forces, I've seen that Walter Frey will be in Neutral Heroes 2 so the Frey forces will be neutral, maybe basic spearmen? Not certain there are any neutral spearmen off the top of my head, maybe a light cavalry as well/instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMeinecke55 View Post
    I never said it was a valid, possible hope haha!
    Oh, I hear you--I would dearly love to have WoW in my hands before my daughter goes to college.

In four years.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

How about new units from the Vale Mountain Clans? Stone Crows, Burned Men and Painted Dogs did ally with Tyrion Lannister in the Battle of the Green Fork. Unit commanders such as Shagga and Timett. Would they be a Lannister faction? Would they be a Neutral Faction with bonuses if allied with Lannister units? Do you think CMoN over looked this? Or will this be a much later release to bolster existing Lannister forces?

What are people's thoughts?

I am more worried about availability... i want to buy many stuff in teh Netherlands but sofar its struggling....

At the moment there are no new units spoilered for the first two factions. And I think it's fair and good for game balance that the newer factions get expanded first. In the future there are a lot of design spaces to get the Starks or Lannister new units and I look forward to it. In the meantime I can play the new Mercenary units in these factions.

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but has there ever been talks of releasing the mountain that rides unit in a hero box or in some form other than the kick starter special? I have brienne and bronn on the painting table from the hero box 2 and they are fantastic, Im so glad to have these characters and it has made me wonder if we'll get the MTR. If im not mistaken he is a 4p unit which is really powerful and gives the lannisters something special in terms of utility. The tully unit (black fish i think) would be a nice box.

Quote Originally Posted by AnorexicShark View Post
    Forgive me if this has been brought up, but has there ever been talks of releasing the mountain that rides unit in a hero box or in some form other than the kick starter special? I have brienne and bronn on the painting table from the hero box 2 and they are fantastic, Im so glad to have these characters and it has made me wonder if we'll get the MTR. If im not mistaken he is a 4p unit which is really powerful and gives the lannisters something special in terms of utility. The tully unit (black fish i think) would be a nice box.
    Short answer: we don't know

Fun answer:

It'll most definitely be released but there's not been any clues as to when and if the stats will remain the same. There has not been any mounted characters/attachments released so far so i believe there's a hint to be taken there:

The Targaryens starter set will contain mounted commanders and attachments. The Night's Watch Heroes Set #2 will contain Cold Hands (with Gilly and Sam). I am speculating that Lannister Heroes 3 will have The Mountain that rides. Starks are awaiting for Brandyn Tully Outrider commander / attachment.

So there seems to be quite a bit of mounted things upcoming. So my guess: during 2020

P.S. I've used him quite often and yeah, he is really strong. I wouldn't be surprised to see some slight changes down the road, but what makes him stand out is how unique he is in the Lannister faction.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 11-19-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Starks are also missing Maege Mormont. So she's another contender for Stark Heroes #3.
    Chaos is a ladder.