Bribery FAQ

Thread: Bribery FAQ

Default Bribery FAQ

Bribery faq states that it does not switch effects of attachments.

it is being interpreted that it does not switch off the abilities of the attachments.

i believe the Faq question refers to the effects of ncus attached.

How is it being interpreted

It refers to Attachments, the rulebook definition of Attachments. The FAQ specifically mentions it does not remove these Abilties (because the card does not say it does so).

NCUs are not Attachments in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    The FAQ specifically mentions it does not remove these Abilties (because the card does not say it does so).
    No, it does not. The question in the FAQ mentions "Effects" not "Abilities". So the question at this point is; Are "abilities" considered effects???
    Last edited by TrePalle; 06-08-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    What is dead may never die, but rises again Harder and Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by TrePalle View Post
    No, it does not. The question in the FAQ mentions "Effects" not "Abilities". So the question at this point is; Are "abilities" considered effects???
    Despite the "effects" vs. "abilities" incongruity in the FAQ, I would take the simplest explanation as the default: attachments are not targeted at all. Otherwise, there would need to be additional language on either the card "1 enemy unit becomes Weakened and loses all Abilities this round. In addition, attachments lose any effects" or the FAQ "No, but it removes all abilities."
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Despite the "effects" vs. "abilities" incongruity in the FAQ, I would take the simplest explanation as the default: attachments are not targeted at all. Otherwise, there would need to be additional language on either the card "1 enemy unit becomes Weakened and loses all Abilities this round. In addition, attachments lose any effects" or the FAQ "No, but it removes all abilities."
    i hope the next faq they, cmon, give us the rule reworded as they intended because as it is currently written, given that ua counts as part of the unit for all purposes and that the abilities originate from the unit, it means that it is effected by abilities switch off as well cause abilities are not effects

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    attachments are not targeted at all. Otherwise, there would need to be additional language on either the card "1 enemy unit becomes Weakened and loses all Abilities this round. In addition, attachments lose any effects" or the FAQ "No, but it removes all abilities."
    While it is true that the cards do not say that, the rulebook clearly states that Attachment confer their abilities to the unit and that all abilities are considered to be originating from the unit (Page 12, explanation of attachment abilities). I am not saying that the answers given here are wrong, but the 2 texts are clearly in conflict with one another. I have to agree with Bazzu here, an errata or a general FAQ is in order to rectify the situation and harmonize the 2 texts to work in tandem with each other
    What is dead may never die, but rises again Harder and Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by TrePalle View Post
    While it is true that the cards do not say that, the rulebook clearly states that Attachment confer their abilities to the unit and that all abilities are considered to be originating from the unit (Page 12, explanation of attachment abilities). I am not saying that the answers given here are wrong, but the 2 texts are clearly in conflict with one another. I have to agree with Bazzu here, an errata or a general FAQ is in order to rectify the situation and harmonize the 2 texts to work in tandem with each other
    Yes, given that the FAQ is becoming a FAQ, a bit more narrative around the question itself would be helpful.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

Unless it is specifically noted otherwise, a card that "turns off" a unit's Abilities does not affect their Attachment. Each card that does so specifically states such.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Thanks a lot