Have a question....

Thread: Have a question....

Default Have a question....

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this topic, but I have something I'm rather confused about. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it or is it not legal to sell miniatures you buy after you paint them? I've been really confused about this and would love a concrete yes or no. thankyou...

it is 100% legal if the unpainted mini was legal.

Somewhat legal (as long as it is mentioned + depeding on laws of your country) if the unpainted base was an illegal recast (in this case paying for the paintjob is ok, but normally selling recasts is not, but if the base mini is calculated as free and the buyer pays for the paintjob only... ) .
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    it is 100% legal if the unpainted mini was legal.

Somewhat legal (as long as it is mentioned + depeding on laws of your country) if the unpainted base was an illegal recast (in this case paying for the paintjob is ok, but normally selling recasts is not, but if the base mini is calculated as free and the buyer pays for the paintjob only... ) .
    Great, thanks! I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question! But I guess if it is illegal to sell hand painted minis, I wouldn't be seeing them displayed and up for sale at the local game shop.....

Someone on Etsy told me that I have to ask the company if I could sell them? Is that true? This person obviously knows nothing about miniatures, but they freaked me out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbykeet View Post
    Someone on Etsy told me that I have to ask the company if I could sell them? Is that true? This person obviously knows nothing about miniatures, but they freaked me out a bit.
    Well that’s an absolute load of bollocks.
    IF it were true eBay would have no market place for second hand miniatures or “Pro-Painted” figures.

If you bought it, painted it and now want to sell it, more power to your elbow my friend.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbykeet View Post
    It not only not true for miniatures, but not true for anything else too.

When you bought it it became your property and can do whatever you want with it. No TM/IP/R from the company applies after it's yours.

What that person said is like: you bought an Audi and can sell it only after asking the company if they allow it.
    Forgot, that it works again.

wow, they really don't know what they're talking about!