Game of Thrones mission

Thread: Game of Thrones mission

Default Game of Thrones mission

When two units touch objective and one of them that controls it is destroyed by panic test, is second avtomaticaly gains control of it or it must do move action to gain control?

And what about piviot?
    is pivot counts as move?
    and so if unit that controls objective is retreat can second unit pivot to gain control of it?

Game of Thrones Special Rules:
    While touching the token, it controls the token.

No need to make a manuever/pivot.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Death View Post
    Game of Thrones Special Rules:
    While touching the token, it controls the token.

No need to make a manuever/pivot.
    But Special Rules is:

"A unit ending a move with any part of its tray on a token claimsit. While touching the token, it controls that token"

Not just touch token

And just touching token not sufficient to control it (if opponent control it first)

Here is two more questions about that mission.
    It is seems that possible to claim one objective several times.
    One unit claims objective that allows to draw card when claimed.
    Then it goes away (via Tactic card or "horse") and then Direwolf moves on it and claim it with it special move. Then wolf goes away (objective becomes uncontrolled) and returns to claim it again

Is something prevents form it?

The controlling player score it and with bad panic roll his unit destroyed.
    Second player scores objective that allows maneuvr and claims that objective. Can it score it again?
    Is something in rules prevents players to claim one objetive twice (oncee for each unit)?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    Here is two more questions about that mission.
    It is seems that possible to claim one objective several times.
    One unit claims objective that allows to draw card when claimed.
    Then it goes away (via Tactic card or "horse") and then Direwolf moves on it and claim it with it special move. Then wolf goes away (objective becomes uncontrolled) and returns to claim it again

Is something prevents form it?
    Nothing prevents it. You can lose control of an objective and reclaim it multiple times, even within the same round.

The controlling player score it and with bad panic roll his unit destroyed.
    Second player scores objective that allows maneuvr and claims that objective. Can it score it again?
    Is something in rules prevents players to claim one objetive twice (oncee for each unit)?
    That one's a little less clear to me, but the rulebook says "beginning on round 2, players will score 1 Victory Point for each token they control at the end of the round." I read that as checking for control of all objective tokens simultaneously at the end of the round, which would mean that you could not score 1, move onto one you did not control previously, and then score the new one.
    I could be mistaken on that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad3theimpaler View Post
    Nothing prevents it. You can lose control of an objective and reclaim it multiple times, even within the same round.

That one's a little less clear to me, but the rulebook says "beginning on round 2, players will score 1 Victory Point for each token they control at the end of the round." I read that as checking for control of all objective tokens simultaneously at the end of the round, which would mean that you could not score 1, move onto one you did not control previously, and then score the new one.
    I could be mistaken on that, though.
    It is clarified in FAQ
    Players take turn to control objetives

It is clarified in FAQ
    Players take turn to control objetives
    The FAQ says your resolve effects of claimed objectives back and forth, NOT that you score points this way.

All players score points simultaneously--it is a specific step in the Cleanup Phase. You only then resolve the effects back and forth.

So short answer, no, you do not get to score points, Maneuver on to another point, then score points for that objective in the same round.

thank you.
    it is clearly seems that it not intended.
    however most effects (maneuver, damage, panic) is activates when you SCORE points. not control it at end of the round.

what you think about how to start control objective? is it needed to stay on it or you should end your move on it?

thank you.
    it is clearly seems that it not intended.
    however most effects (maneuver, damage, panic) is activates when you SCORE points. not control it at end of the round.
    Yes, and SCORING Victory Points is a specific step at the end of the round- you don't score points just for moving onto an objective. Hence the ruling that you resolve these going back and forth.

thank you.
    what you think about how to start control objective? is it needed to stay on it or you should end your move on it?
    These effects state they happen when you CLAIM the objective, e.g. move onto it. Yes, you could potentially trigger this multiple times a round by moving on/off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Yes, and SCORING Victory Points is a specific step at the end of the round- you don't score points just for moving onto an objective. Hence the ruling that you resolve these going back and forth.
    I think I understand what you mean.
    End of turn:
    Score points (simualtaneously)
    Scoring Trigger several effects
    If there are several effects they resolve going back and forth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    These effects state they happen when you CLAIM the objective, e.g. move onto it. Yes, you could potentially trigger this multiple times a round by moving on/off of it.
    The problem is that one player can claim it several times per TURN (by wolves/cavalary)
    As I see nothing in rules prevents this?
    And also term CLAIM seems bit unclean for me.
    CLAIM is ending move on it
    So you can CLAIM even objective that controlled by opponent by RAW.
    I think it is cleary not intended - but dont see what in rules prevents it.
    (I hope authors read this posts and clarify that Gamemode in 1.4 version)