Raid Leader

Thread: Raid Leader

Default Raid Leader

If you use the Raid Leader’s order for Combined Assault and your first unit fails their charge, is the 2nd unit able to make attacks?

This came up in a game where I had a unit of cave dwellers engaged with some Lannister guards. My cave dwellers were unactivated and within long range of my raiders with a raid leader attachment.

So I activated my raiders, and used the raid leader’s order for combined assault. My raiders failed their charge, and my opponent said that for my combined assault my cave dwellers wouldn’t be able to make an attack since the raiders had not attacked the guards after failing the charge.

I can see his point in this scenario, it just seems silly that a failed charge would essentially make me lose an entire activation for my other unit. It was a close game, this 1 failed charge is the only reason that I lost so I just wanted to see if I had misinterpreted a rule somewhere.

The raid leaders card says "Any attack it [here: cave dwellers] makes can only target enemies this unit [here: raiders] attacked this turn." As your charge failed there has no attack taken place that would trigger your cave dwellers attack.
    "I am not a learned man, but is there a difference between kill and sacrifice?"- Ser Davos Seaworth
    "If you're a famous smuggler you're not doing it right" - Ser Davos as well
    "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you're about to see" ​ - guess who

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmBlackwall View Post
    The raid leaders card says "Any attack it [here: cave dwellers] makes can only target enemies this unit [here: raiders] attacked this turn." As your charge failed there has no attack taken place that would trigger your cave dwellers attack.
    I understand that the 2nd unit can't attack anything else...but the failure of a charge is already really costly (especially with raiders), i wish it still allowed the 2nd unit to attempt it on the same unit. It'd be less binary and less vulnerable to the whims of chance.
    Last edited by Oakwolf; 06-25-2019 at 09:00 AM.