Quick Fire or Free Pivot (crannogman ability clarification)

Thread: Quick Fire or Free Pivot (crannogman ability clarification)

Default Quick Fire or Free Pivot (crannogman ability clarification)

Which one goes first

Which applies first?
    1. Quick fire
    After finish Retreat action may make a free attack.

2. Enemy pivot.
    Additionally, if, after the Retreat is completed, the enemy unit (or units) are now unengaged, each of those enemies may immediately perform a free pivot.

Assuming Crannog player goes first in the round, both free actions triggers after retreat is completed.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Since there's also a thread about this on FB, I'll re-post my response from there verbatim (emphasis mine).

The wording in the rulebook notes that the free pivot is in response to the completion of the Retreat action, and not part of the action itself:

"Additionally, if, after the Retreat is completed, the enemy unit (or units) are now unengaged, each of those enemies may immediately perform a free pivot."

So the Order and the pivot would be simultaneous actions, and the active player would resolve first.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by Fullarchitect View Post
    Which one goes first

Which applies first?
    1. Quick fire
    After finish Retreat action may make a free attack.

2. Enemy pivot.
    Additionally, if, after the Retreat is completed, the enemy unit (or units) are now unengaged, each of those enemies may immediately perform a free pivot.

Assuming Crannog player goes first in the round, both free actions triggers after retreat is completed.

I always presumed the retreat action was everything included under retreat section in rulebook, so retreat move, after retreat you can pivot, if unengaged after retreat enemy can pivot.. all that is the "retreat action". Then the crannog orde is played after retreat action completed not retreat move completed

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyladbfp View Post
    I always presumed the retreat action was everything included under retreat section in rulebook, so retreat move, after retreat you can pivot, if unengaged after retreat enemy can pivot.. all that is the "retreat action". Then the crannog orde is played after retreat action completed not retreat move completed
    Key word in this, however, is "additionally." RAW, that would indicate that it takes place outside the action.
    "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down off your horse." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    Key word in this, however, is "additionally." RAW, that would indicate that it takes place outside the action.
    It also clearly states "Additionally, after the Retreat" which... Well means it's after, not during.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    It also clearly states "Additionally, after the Retreat" which... Well means it's after, not during.
    I was saving that phrase as a back-up, should there be arguments about "additionally."