How long did you wait on your HF mini order?

Thread: How long did you wait on your HF mini order?

Default How long did you wait on your HF mini order?

Hi,

I'd love to hear back from someone who's ordered from them this year and how long you waited for your miniatures / communication back.

I ordered over a week ago and fired off an email to their domain yesterday, but i didn't hear anything back.. then noticed they have issues with their email address...
    So they supply an alternate gmail address, which i have now contacted.

and also contacted them via facebook now.. which i am loathe to do.

So if anyone has ordered from them this year it'd be nice to hear how it went.

cheers
    Last edited by Stilton; 07-15-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: wrong information by me.

If you were a subscriber to hasslefree’s email’s you’d be aware that Dameon has had a lot of external problems including a loss of key staff and a destructive flood to deal with.
    That has impacted very badly on his ability to run/manage his business.
    ‘Currently he’s a one man show trying to do everything as well as try to manage having been left ‘high and dry’.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

i didn't know i needed to be subscribed before i bought the items.. I also didn't know an email/newsletter even let you view previous communiques.

They should probably put some sort of notice on their website/facebook.

Thanks for the info.

Problem is Dameon, is trying not to sound like a whinging git explaining what’s going/gone wrong AND maintain a bit of privacy at the same time.
    A bit of a juggling act, I think.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

When was this flood by the way?
    and the staff problems? when were they?

It doesn't seem like a 'juggling act' it seems like he's dropping the ball. I'm desperately not trying to come across like a heartless prick here...

..But, Still taking money with no communication? Sympathy? no... I would be more sympathetic infact, if i had been told via the company, i would understand the delays and more importantly... i would've known before i paid for a product and could make an informed decision.

If the company made an announcement, on their site -- i wouldn't be here posting this getting told his 'private affairs'. But if he's telling people via a mailing list, obviously privacy isn't that much of a concern?

It's nice you want to defend the guy, whoever 'Dameon' is. But i'm not his mate, i'm not interested in his life.. i just want the thing i paid for.
    Do you know what i mean?

HF is a nice little company, BUT they are having problems with shipping and communication for years now. Last I ordered successfully from them was 3-4 years ago (maybe even earlier).
    I stopped ordering from them directly since a problematic Halloween order, that was supposedly shipped in middle of january (after multiple emails to them) and never arrived.

Too bad as the HF sculpts are super nice. Since then I buy HF products only through other webstores.
    Forgot, that it works again.

I guess I had good luck when I ordered from them in the past. It still took about 3 - 4 weeks to get, but I did get them.

Quote Originally Posted by paintingploddy View Post
    I ordered over a week ago

Wow
    Masterful usage of sarcasm there by the way, you seem like a peach.

I had tried to explain my reason for posting but really i think the crux of the issue, for me, is this:

The only thing their website says regarding delivery is:
    Quote Originally Posted by HFMini Site
    " We aim to ship your order within 48hrs of it arriving with us, most orders are shipped within 24hrs of arrival "

So, i'll be honest, i'm confused why 2 weeks after ordering with no communication of delays, the implication is i'm being unreasonable.
    Last edited by Stilton; 07-17-2019 at 02:50 PM.

It's not unreasonable, especially if he hasn't updated his site and it still says ship out within 48hrs. That being said, he has had issues for quite some time (as DragonReach stated above) so don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks to hear back anything (or receive your items).

Stalk them on Facebook. They're pretty regular about posting stuff on their Facebook page, including delays and resolutions. HF have been slow - one order took 2 months to get to me, but I'm never in a hurry, so I don't particularly mind, especially since reading all the updates on Facebook.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

The answer : 3 weeks.

( Which is think is acceptable / pretty good considering all their problems. )

Now i can really calm down and PAAAAINT 'EM

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Backed their kickstarter and put an order into their shop a while after. I think it took nearly a year or so for my order to be delivered, and i'd sent an email every 4 or so months asking what's up as I was worried if it might have gotten lost in the mail or if the package might have been stolen. Never did get a reply until after I'd finally gotten it. They'd sent me a few extra minis I never ordered, which I've forgotten to thank them for.

I regard this as a bit of an anomaly since they'd had a really rough year with things going wrong and they're a smaller company. Based on my past orders, It usually just takes a month or two for the goods to arrive, which is nothing new when ordering from Europe. I chalk that up to always choosing the cheapest shipping and living across the ocean.

Default Got you beat

Quote Originally Posted by Stilton View Post
    Hi,

I'd love to hear back from someone who's ordered from them this year and how long you waited for your miniatures / communication back.

I ordered over a week ago and fired off an email to their domain yesterday, but i didn't hear anything back.. then noticed they have issues with their email address...
    So they supply an alternate gmail address, which i have now contacted.

and also contacted them via facebook now.. which i am loathe to do.

So if anyone has ordered from them this year it'd be nice to hear how it went.

cheers
    I ordered 187 pounds of minis from them in NOVEMBER 2018. Still haven't received my order, no refund, refuse to answer emails. Pursuing fraud/theft charges against them now.