Determine Line if Sight (Arcs) on trays - specifically Scorpion Crew

Thread: Determine Line if Sight (Arcs) on trays - specifically Scorpion Crew

Default Determine Line if Sight (Arcs) on trays - specifically Scorpion Crew

To determine a Scorpion Crew’s Line of Sight to attack, am I using only the Front notches or the entire base? If I am using the entire base (back notches to front notches), where is this stated in the rule book?

Thanks for any help!

Line of sight is only determined by using a models front arc, nothing else. See the line of sight section in the rulebook.

So why would the person who runs most of our games tell all the NW users that you must measure from the back notch to the front to determine the LOS? Is this something that occurs in other tabletop games? I have been fighting this for months.

Quote Originally Posted by headlessnedstark View Post
    So why would the person who runs most of our games tell all the NW users that you must measure from the back notch to the front to determine the LOS? Is this something that occurs in other tabletop games? I have been fighting this for months.
    Well, it could be because they don't like the Night's Watch...

From the rulebook, pg. 14 (Line of Sight), emphasis added:

"To check what a unit can see, if an unbroken and unblocked line can be drawn from any point in their front arc, from their tray, to any part of their target’s tray, the target is in Line of Sight. Note that other units (and some Terrain pieces) block Line of Sight."

Neither Alliser or I are an official source, but that is a verbatim quote from the rulebook. Feel free to direct the person running your games to visit the forum.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by headlessnedstark View Post
    Because this person has a hate vendetta against the rulebook?

Couldn't answer your question because he's blatent making up something that doesn't exist in the rules.

Probably because every with other unit you can line up the corners diagonally and it is the SAME as the notches, jhst more accurate since youre using two reference points. The Scorpion however does not have the same function available, as the notches that determine line of sight are at a wider angle then if you lined up the corners. So you must use the given notches with the Scorpions.