Feinting maneuver

Thread: Feinting maneuver

Default Feinting maneuver

Hello guys. Question regarding harma’s card. What happens if both flanks are inaccessible due to impassable terrain or your friendly units? Specifically if the unit she wishes to charge is flanked by its own friendly units and is back further than those units? Question would apply if 3 units are perfectly aligned and have a friendly on each flank. Once the unit makes contact with the front and the flanks are not accessible legally, does she give up the flanking ability of the card or would she “drag” the unit into a position where she would be able to flank? Name:  54B0E48D-F9CC-451F-AEA0-CE1715E824DF.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  1.64 MB

Ive attached a poorly drawn image. Treat “friend” in the picture as “friend to defender/enemy to harma” (impassible for harma)

If this were the positioning just prior to a charge, then where the impassable terrain and the location of the other unit wouldn't matter: Harma's unit is only in the target's front arc, so must attack the target in the front.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    If this were the positioning just prior to a charge, then where the impassable terrain and the location of the other unit wouldn't matter: Harma's unit is only in the target's front arc, so must attack the target in the front.

The card allows you to charge the front and after you succeed you move to the closest flank and count as a flank charge.

Yeah, was looking at her attachment card, not the tactics card.

After re-reading the card (specifically, the "treating for all purposes as if they had charged that Flank), I'm going to say legal charge. You would end up aligning 50% *behind* the other enemy unit on the target's flank.

After re-reading the card (specifically, the "treating for all purposes as if they had charged that Flank), I'm going to say legal charge. You would end up aligning 50% *behind* the other enemy unit on the target's flank.
    Ok. So if the battle line has both fronts at exactly the same distance up from table edge; you would force the enemy to come up and allow you to 50% flank? And would you engage the other enemy unit as well with them in your flank?

Quote Originally Posted by Brettlanpher View Post
    Ok. So if the battle line has both fronts at exactly the same distance up from table edge; you would force the enemy to come up and allow you to 50% flank? And would you engage the other enemy unit as well with them in your flank?
    Not quite certain about your question. Based on your illustration, I'd say you'd be able to tuck in at 50% without having to move the target to fit, but you would likely be engaged by their other unit as well.

Not quite certain about your question. Based on your illustration, I'd say you'd be able to tuck in at 50% without having to move the target to fit, but you would likely be engaged by their other unit as well.

Another drawing
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It still must meet the requirements of the charge. One of those requirements is that there is space in the target arc. If they are PERFECTLY lined up... Then there is no space in the flank. They would not fit. If there was space... Then yes, it would pull them to 50.

Also note. The card says "may" if there is no space in the flank, you can still charge the arc you are in.

Agreed. In that example, you would still be able to hit either of the units on the end of that line, though. So the card could still be played, just not on the target unit.

Could it? The card says closest flank arc. It does not say closest available flank arc.

So the two book ending units, Harma would only get to charge the inside flank of them... Which is not available.

Think that's going to depend on whether "closest" would be before or after the initial charge. You could potentially aim for the outer corner, making that flank closest relative to where the charge wound up.

I think I know the answer, but I'm curious what others think in the situation that Harma's unit initially charges a target unit's flank. Would Feinting Maneuver then allow that attacking unit to move to the the target unit's rear arc/side as that side is the closest "flank" to the side that was initially charged? Hope I worded my question clearly enough to understand. Thx.

in that case the closest flank would be the flank you charged, the rear isnt a flank.