Ygritte spearwife archer rules
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ygritte spearwife archer rules

  1. #1

    Default Ygritte spearwife archer rules

    Hello
    i have some difficulties to play Ygritte spearwife archer.
    nimble capability is easy to understand but assassinate has multiple meanings for me.
    can Ygritte make a range attack if she is in unit without range attack (raider, followers or cave dweller) ?
    assassinate an attachment is an additionnel wound or among all hits one of them target the attachment ?
    thanks for answers

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sine Luce View Post
    Hello
    i have some difficulties to play Ygritte spearwife archer.
    nimble capability is easy to understand but assassinate has multiple meanings for me.
    can Ygritte make a range attack if she is in unit without range attack (raider, followers or cave dweller) ?
    assassinate an attachment is an additionnel wound or among all hits one of them target the attachment ?
    thanks for answers
    Here's the actual text of the ability:
    Once per game, when this unit attacks an enemy within Short Range, you may target 1 Attachment in that unit and roll a die. On a 3+, kill that Attachment (moving 1 model from the back of the unit to fill their slot).

    1) This ability triggers when you attack an enemy within short range. It doesn't give you an attack if you don't have one already.
    2) Killing an attachment would be in addition to any wounds inflicted by the attack itself.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Vlad
    Now it’s clear
    Only 2 units can have Ygritte, and they are not the best to pass panic test ...
    Ygritte NCU will be a good option and easier to play for me

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad3theimpaler View Post
    Here's the actual text of the ability:
    Once per game, when this unit attacks an enemy within Short Range, you may target 1 Attachment in that unit and roll a die. On a 3+, kill that Attachment (moving 1 model from the back of the unit to fill their slot).

    1) This ability triggers when you attack an enemy within short range. It doesn't give you an attack if you don't have one already.
    2) Killing an attachment would be in addition to any wounds inflicted by the attack itself.


    So here is a question. From what Ive read can Ygritte instantly kill oh say...The Mountain: Mounted Behemoth with her ability? Or for that matter, the Mounted Brynden Tully commander/attachment?

  5. #5

    Default

    I think Brynden Tully yes cause it’s an attachment
    gregor clegane « the mountain that ride » i will say no cause it’s a unit

  6. #6

    Default

    Brandyn Tully and Gregor Clegane as "Mounted Behemoth" version would be a valid target, yes, but not "The Mountain that Rides" as stated above.

  7. #7

    Default

    Daaaang that's rude. I like it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sine Luce View Post
    Thanks Vlad
    Now it’s clear
    Only 2 units can have Ygritte, and they are not the best to pass panic test ...
    Ygritte NCU will be a good option and easier to play for me
    You can use her ability when you make a melee attack too - you're still within Short Range if you're in base contact.

    Any unit can use her ability, but only Spearwives and Trappers can use her ability outside of close combat (since they're the only units with a Ranged Attack)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->