Align, move and dungerous terrain

Thread: Align, move and dungerous terrain

Default Align, move and dungerous terrain

Several questions ...

1) When you align unit to 50 or 100% in melee attack is it counts as shift or move? in text says "shifs its (unit) tray" or "moves its tray" - but without bold text

2) When unit shifts when doing missle attack and standing on Dungerous terrain it will suffer damage once or twice? (once after complete move in dung terrain, and once after action in dungerous terrain).

3) Same question about charge: is align after charge counts as move (as part of charge move)? and so if align put unit on dangerous terrain it suffers wounds?

1) Align move in Melee Attack is a move. Such move would cause damage in dangerous terrain (Note: Shift in any case would be a move, but I wouldn`t call align move a shift, as shift is reserved special game term for certain type of move).

2) EDIT: Good question, new rules v1.4 are conflicting when reading page 26 and last page (Summary). Other mentions only moving, but other mentions actions also. In any case, action(s) include the said move(s) (e.g. shift is part of an Ranged Attack action), I would trigger the damage only once. But when? After the move, or after the action?

3) Align move in Charge is a move, as part of that whole Charge move. Such move would cause damage in dangerous terrain (e.g. Unit could die before it`s attack is resolved).
    Last edited by Fronx; 07-30-2019 at 06:45 PM.

I suppose a follow up would be.... If I charge and move through dangerous terrain on the way to my target, I would trigger it then, and then when I align I come back and finish the action on top of it, would I trigger it again? I think the answer would be yes.

4) same question about maneuvre
    Maneuvre is action consisting just of move. But it action.
    So RAW when you take maneuvere action standing in dangerous terrain you have to suffer damage twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    4) same question about maneuvre
    Maneuvre is action consisting just of move. But it action.
    So RAW when you take maneuvere action standing in dangerous terrain you have to suffer damage twice?
    I dont understand this question. Dangerous says if you move through or perform an action you suffer D3+1 at end of that action. Are you asking if it would trigger twice (because the move IS an action)?? If so, no. Its one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    I dont understand this question. Dangerous says if you move through or perform an action you suffer D3+1 at end of that action. Are you asking if it would trigger twice (because the move IS an action)?? If so, no. Its one instance.
    Thank you

What you think about 1 question? unit starts without dungerous terrain and choose melee attack, then shift tray to be 100% align with enemy.
    Will unit suffer damage if after this align it comes to dungerous terrain?