Exploit Weakness destroying an enemy unit mid-attack

Thread: Exploit Weakness destroying an enemy unit mid-attack

Default Exploit Weakness destroying an enemy unit mid-attack

Lets say I have a unit of Cutthroats attacking a unit of Lannister Guardsmen. The Cutthroats have a Weakened token on them and only have one model left in the unit.
    The Lannister player plays Exploit Weakness when the Cutthroats declare their attack, and the Cutthroats roll 6,6,6,6 to hit on their attack dice. These are then re-rolled using the Weakened token, and again the Cutthroats roll 6,6,6,6. Lucky!

Since a Weakened token was expended, the Cutthroats will suffer 0+2=2 wounds, meaning that the unit is destroyed.
    Does this mean that the attack is stopped, or do the hits that have already been rolled still result in armour rolls and potentially a panic test for the Guardsmen?
    Last edited by AutumnLeaves; 07-31-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Lets say I have a unit of Cutthroats attacking a unit of Lannister Guardsmen. The Cutthroats have a Weakened token on them and only have one model left in the unit.
    The Lannister player plays Exploit Weakness when the Cutthroats declare their attack, and the Cutthroats roll 6,6,6,6 to hit on their attack dice. These are then re-rolled using the Weakened token, and again the Cutthroats roll 6,6,6,6. Lucky!

Since a Weakened token was expended, the Cutthroats will suffer 0+2=2 wounds, meaning that the unit is destroyed.
    Does this mean that the attack is stopped, or do the hits that have already been rolled still result in armour rolls and potentially a panic test for the Guardsmen?
    happens simultaneous so both hits and unit destroyed trigger
    Triple F.

Fight F@k Fight

This is a pretty gray area, but I would say since attack dice results and Hits have been generated the attack would resolve. But this one would probably need official ruling.

I would also say that as attack was rolled and attack roll completed, it should happen.

But I could not determine if the attack abilities would be gone from that point on, as the attacking Unit (and its abilities) are gone (e.g. the Vicious from Cuttthroats, or even more interesting in case of Giants).

Quote Originally Posted by Fronx View Post
    I would also say that as attack was rolled and attack roll completed, it should happen.

But I could not determine if the attack abilities would be gone from that point on, as the attacking Unit (and its abilities) are gone (e.g. the Vicious from Cuttthroats, or even more interesting in case of Giants).
    If you play as the attack still resolves, there is nothing that would support this idea.