Sik’s WIP - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sik’s WIP

(for the nurgle guy)
    Thanks, but I can't even really get gold or steel nmm down right now, so green nmm would probably drive me to smash all my paint pots!
    Okay, you want nitpicking (I am assuming this is for your GD entry or some other contest) so that right arm still pretty much in line with that horizontal line in the inside elbow (anticubital region if you want to be exact) right up against the body it looks like some plastic is sticking out a little, either like mold lines you were scrapping and missed clearing out some of the plastic or some of the green stuff split or it could just be some dust got in the paint there (I see it best in the first photo). Otherwise really great job on him so far and I think the sketch you have done on it looks fantastic.

Wow that Nurgle guy is awesome. I love the paint on the head. it give the feeling of him being completely happy for the gifts from father Nurgle.

tee

Nurgle chap is looking pretty cool so far, really looking forward to see what you do with the mouth in his stomach!

Like the skin tones, but they are screaming zombie skin to me at the moment instead of Nurgle.

Thanks everyone!!!! Appreciate all the great comments! It’s been a little since I posted any updates, because my new mini human has finally arrived. My daughter was born this past week! My wife was a total champ, doin it at home, all natural, and the baby came in at 9lb 9oz. I’m a pretty damn proud papa and husband! She’s a wonderful, beautiful, healthy little poop machine. So obviously progress halted a bit, but finally managed to do a little as things are sort of settling down.

responses to a few of you guys, cuz otherwise I’ll be here all night and I probably have to change another diaper here in about 5 mins...

gorb- he totally looks like the dude from MIB... love the reference. Now I almost wanna add bug parts lol

Eki- thanks for pointing that out, I’ll probably hit it with some varnish as I keep moving.

Krule- yes it definitely has more of an undead feel to it than typical nurgle, but I was kind of going for that. I feel like if he was so infected all over, warm skin tones don’t fit as his body is decaying. I also wanted to use some alternate colors, and hopefully when I’m done it still all says “nurgle” but a little different than the usual. I want him to stand out.

now on to the mini...
    I was pretty happy with the skin tones so far on my last post, but as I’m progressing I’m starting to get frustrated. I was happy with my armor tones before I started to add the cracks and rust stuff, but now I’m not so pleased. I’d normally wait til later to do some of this stuff but I wanted to see how the colors all played together. Been having a lot of trouble with the paint behaving the way I want it to, it’s breaking really easy and making it hard to get good smaller than a hair sized lines for the cracks and stuff. Just thinking I need to keep playing. Pics are at my stopping point for tonight, I need to do a lot more with the rust and it definitely needs a ton of refinement. But soon I’m gonna move on to other aspects just to get paint on everything, and come back and try to just do insane amount of time ups where need be. I’m starting to really worry about time on this project, as it’s not the only one I want to finish by March. And I’ll be out of town a week in Feb, and I have a new baby, oh and we’re opening a new restaurant for work so this is just gonna be great trying to manage this lmao.

regardless, thoughts on everything are appreciated!!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Fantastic conversion, looks like he’s looking to bite his nails lol
    great work
    congrats on the little one also
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congratulations on the baby! That’s exciting and terrifying and wonderful.

I like the different parts of the Nurgle boy, though I might consider glazing in some slightly warmer colors into the flesh to help achieve a little contrast with the green armor. Maybe purple, to continue your livid, undead-looking flesh.

Really good skin tones, and the free hand in the little hat and top is superb.....oh and the nurgle champion is really good too! Congrats Siks, someone to hopefully teach all your skills to in the future

Congratulations to you and your wife Sik!
    The baby is beautiful, and the nurgle dude is ugly as all hell. So I say Great Work!

​Brotha, have we got a mold line on the back of the right forearm?

The mini, not the child. Child looks like she was cleaned up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    ​Brotha, have we got a mold line on the back of the right forearm?
    and maybe one on the top horn on the right shoulder pad

I actually like the armor at this point.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your daughter!

Congrats my dude- excellent work on the child and model!!!

Hey everyone!!! Sorry it’s been so long once again, but I forgot how much work a newborn can be. Add in my 3 y/o and very hectic work like and things have been tight to say the least. Glad to be back posting and wanted to keep y’all up to date, been thinking about you guys.

First off, a big massive THANK YOU!!!! To everyone for all the congratulations and compliments it means a lot. I wish I could take credit for the paint job on the human but my wife did that lol. A couple things, Toad and Eki- I think you’re right I did miss a few mold lines. Fortunately everything’s still WIP so I would be able to fix it with varnish and continued painting. 10- thank you for the compliments, it means a lot from a artist of your caliber. His left hand will be holding a severed head, but now that you e mentioned that about him biting his nails I can’t unsee it lol

anyway, as tight as it’s been I’ve been pushing everywhere I can to keep progressing. Have a load of pics for you guys. I’ve managed to block in my colors on the big guy, and make progress on a few of his nurgling minions. I also did a “speed paint” of a necron kill team squad. I needed to feel like I was accomplishing something and most of my tabletop stuff seriously needed updating so I did them up in a post apocalyptic killer robot wasteland stalker theme. Let me know what you guys think of it all!!

also, hopefully as things start to settle down I’ll have more time to be more active here, make my rounds and visit all of your WIPS and check out the awesome stuff y’all are working on too!!
    Attached Images Attached Images                

The rusty bodies of your Necrons are fantastic. You have achieved a very convincing three dimensional representation of rust. The scratched and chipped blue armour looks good too.

That Nurgle fella is coming along nicely! I really like the coloration you have on the shoulder pads and horns there! And those "speed painted" Necrons look freakin fantastic! Great job on the weathering of them.

I love the nekron guys!
    They really looks like they just wake up from a long sleep. Brilliant!

Tre amazing !!!

Congratulations to the family extension :-)
    You are going to have some busy nights in the near future!

The terminators just look awesome. I love the combination of rust and electicity you've put together!