Sik’s WIP - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sik’s WIP

Blog Entries

lots of great tones in them nurglings & their daddy, and the necrons have a real eye catching scheme. Smart move with the kill team. Although they don’t look like they helped you shake the - wait for it - rust off!

congrats on the new arrival.

liking the new models. the necron scheme is very cool.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful compliments. And Rhett I never get tired of your puns- you’re a dad joke master. And once again sorry for the lack of posts and updates but I’m sure you can imagaine balancing life with a newborn, real life work, and working towards finishing the Golden Demon diorama has been crazy. As I was about to kick the project into overdrive I got word of the Adepticon cancellation. Super bummed I won’t get to see so many of you and that I won’t be able to compete in GD. On the bright side the pressures off so I’ll be taking a break on the nurgle diorama since I was getting burned out on it. Sooo many parts to it. In the meantime I started working on the ogroid myrmidon, as I’d been eyeing it for a while. All the following pics are of peices for the dio, with the exception of the myrmidon. The cadian body is a little more updated than the pics but I don’t have updated pics on it for now. So here’s a massive photo dump for you all. A little context- the cadian head is gonna be held by the big guy, the nurglings pulling out the intestines from the cadian body. The scratch built/sculpted eyeball peering out of a vent to the mayhem above, and greenstuff tentacles would be coming out of exposed pipes. The propaganda poster is to be on an exposed wall facing the dead cadian for an extra layer of irony.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

I love them. ALL of them. You're talented!

Wow! You did some amazing stuff buddy. The self crafted monstrous eye is a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!
    Shall I call you now "Papa Nurgle"? ;-)

Sweet looking stuff you have there Sik! Sorry about Adepticon and GD, but hey those are still some amazing pieces and that dio is going to rock once you finally put it all together! Great freehand on that tiny poster! And is the Cadian's shoulder guards freehand as well? If it is than damn sweet stuff.

Thank you Dex, Graishak, and Eki. Glad you guys like the work so far. I’m excited to finish the dio but just need a break on it for a bit, it’s a big project proabably my largest yet. Hoping to finish by Everchosen and Capital Palette/Nova as I will be in Masterclass this year. I’m constantly trying to learn and improve and push myself.

and Eki, yes all graphics everywhere are all 100% freehand. I tried transfers but they didn’t fit so I figured I’d just paint it on. On the other side of the cadians helmet is another “715” squad marking just not pictured.

i have a feeling the ogroid is gonna turn out pretty sweet though too

Blog Entries

Wow, bud, I not just being lazy to say that everything looks fantastic. I love when narrative pieces marry great storytelling with superior painting & craftsmanship. Your dio, for all the fatigue it may be causing, is going to be spectacular. Great work!

*Edit* Oh and thanks for the recognition of my daditude!

The eyeball you painted looks sweet as. Nurglings awesome.

Master of diorama !!!!’

WOW, both your modelling and painting skills are really impressive. Admiring.

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

Love those little nurglings, wonderful!

This looks great Sik! Can't wait to see the whole thing come together!

In ferkin believable.

Thanks everyone!!! Having some hobby ADD and bounced away from the myrmidon... picked up my squad of brutes for Warcry again and decided they need to be finished. I was going to do the myrmidon as a less serious piece but I liked the skin so much I decided I want to do something else with it. The orks will fill that role, I’m going to use these to experiment a few techniques on and see how they pan out. So here’s what’s in the table for now.

and I’m not sure when I’ll revisit the dio, but it’ll be done this year. I think. Lol.Name:  7AE60C05-5033-471E-951E-6C23EAB038D5.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  973.0 KBName:  82EF6EB8-860B-455C-9E16-1AA2BEF12A72.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  1.03 MB

Wow! The armour of these brutes is looking fantastik. I love the freehand work you've applied to it!!!

Thanks Graishak! The armor actually has a good bit to go. I wanna make look really battered and weathered like they’ve been scrappin through the 8points. So just a couple more touches of the freehand to go, then I’m gonna mess it all up with chips rust and dirt. And blood. That’ll cover my imperfections (I hope)

also, in other news, I finally signed up for an IG account for my art work. @sik_willy_miniature_art so check me out there too!!

Loving that color combination you are using on the orcs, looks great!